Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Rumors] Galchenyuk to the Penguins?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: [Rumors] Galchenyuk to the Penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's on the 4th line due to coaching decisions, not because Montreal is deep up front for scorers. Montreal is struggling to score goals and they have a former 30G scorer on the 4th line.
    At this point, it seems like any other team would be better than Montreal... But yeah, Penguins and Rangers wouldn't be great for fantasy hockey purposes.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    At this point, it seems like any other team would be better than Montreal... But yeah, Penguins and Rangers wouldn't be great for fantasy hockey purposes.
    True enough.

It's funny reading the Habs fans on twitter who are trying to justify the Oilers dealing RNH to Montreal for Galchenyuk.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Galchenyuk to Kings makes more sense to me if he does get dealt.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Galchenyuk to Kings makes more sense to me if he does get dealt.
    I can see a Muzzin or Martinez trade for Galchenyuk.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm genuinely curious to know what Galchenyuk's trade value actually is.

I get the sense many here feel everyone in the Habs organization, except Galchenyuk himself, is responsible for the fact that he plays shitty hockey, and has been doing so for a while. I wonder if that's the general sentiment in the league itself.

Also (and I fully get that this is based on spurious assumptions on my part) but every time I see the guy on TV or read comments he's made, he just does not project the image of a consummate professional and fine upstanding citizen.

Bergevin CLEARLY is not a fan and has not been for a long time. My conclusion is if Chunks had any real trade value, he'd be gone already.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont be surprised if and when he gets traded most will shake their head at how little they get for him. Many Habs fans feel he's worth more than everyone else around.

As I mentioned earlier, twitter was buzzing that the Habs should dwal him for RNH. No way the Oilers are dealing RNH for him straight up. No way in hell. RNH may not be scoring like a 1st overall but hes been their best true center this year.

Dobber Sports Pro

I wont be surprised if and when he gets traded most will shake their head at how little they get for him. Many Habs fans feel he's worth more than everyone else around.

As I mentioned earlier, twitter was buzzing that the Habs should dwal him for RNH. No way the Oilers are dealing RNH for him straight up. No way in hell. RNH may not be scoring like a 1st overall but hes been their best true center this year.

Huh? Just because McDavid doesn't take a ton of draws doesn't mean he doesn't play center. Taking faceoffs has little correlation to the actual gameplay role of a center, to be honest. Nowadays centers get tossed half the time so wingers take a bunch of draws too. Faceoffs are a skill all forwards practice and has nothing to do with what happens after puck is dropped.

RNH is an extremely underwhelming player in my opinion. Really soft, lacks a top gear, and not physical enough to play strong D down low. He's not even close to their "best true center"... they already have one of those and he'll go down as one of the best in history.

Administrator

No way the Oilers are dealing RNH for him straight up. No way in hell.
    Do you have a source within the Oilers or are you just speculating?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Do you have a source within the Oilers or are you just speculating?
    Of course I don't have a source, but anyone who watches the games knows how much the Oilers value RNH within this team vs the value of Galchenyuk to the Habs at this point.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Huh? Just because McDavid doesn't take a ton of draws doesn't mean he doesn't play center. Taking faceoffs has little correlation to the actual gameplay role of a center, to be honest. Nowadays centers get tossed half the time so wingers take a bunch of draws too. Faceoffs are a skill all forwards practice and has nothing to do with what happens after puck is dropped.

RNH is an extremely underwhelming player in my opinion. Really soft, lacks a top gear, and not physical enough to play strong D down low. He's not even close to their "best true center"... they already have one of those and he'll go down as one of the best in history.
    As you say, "your opinion". My point is that his value is greater than Galchenyuk's and the Oilers wouldn't deal RNH for Galchenyuk.

The Great One

Of course I don't have a source, but anyone who watches the games knows how much the Oilers value RNH within this team vs the value of Galchenyuk to the Habs at this point.
    Chiarelli is the guy who traded Seguin. And Hamilton. And Hall. He's certainly pulled the trigger on some odd ones in the past....
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Chiarelli is the guy who traded Seguin. And Hamilton. And Hall. He's certainly pulled the trigger on some odd ones in the past....
    We could also start listing the odd trades that Bergevin has made. That doesn't mean they will trade with each other for this one.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

We could also start listing the odd trades that Bergevin has made. That doesn't mean they will trade with each other for this one.
    So you don't have a source then? So you're just speculating? Seem pretty certain for someone who doesn't have a source, and constantly requests sources for such definitive statements.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I think this is another one of Darren Dreger's delusional rumors. He is getting bad with these.
    You throw enough bad rumours out... eventually someone's going to mistaken you for Eklund
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    So you don't have a source then? So you're just speculating? Seem pretty certain for someone who doesn't have a source, and constantly requests sources for such definitive statements.
    You obviously didn't read the reply I gave to Eric and just decided to quote my last reply for no other reason than to be malicious.