Thread: Potential QB STream

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Potential QB STream

Standard scoring, 12-man league

My starting QB this season has been Jameis Winston, but with what happened last weekend, I'm wondering how effective he'll be this week. He may be limited, or not even play this week, although I think the chance of the latter is slim.
    My question to you is do you think Jameis Winston (TB vs @BUF) is a better start over any of the available QBs below?

Andy Dalton (CIN vs @PIT)
    Eli Manning (NYG vs SEA)
    Josh McCown (NYJ vs @MIA)
    Case Keenum (MIN vs BAL)
    Jay Cutler (MIA vs NYJ)
    Brett Hundley (GB vs NO)
    CJ Beathard (SF vs DAL)

Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks folks!
    Team 1

12-Team, H2H Multi-Cat
    9 Forwards, 5 Defense, 1 Utility, 5 Bench, 2-4 Goalies, 2 IR
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STP, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Cats: W, SO, GAA, SV%

Forwards: Marner, Scheifele, Pettersson (IR), Seguin (IR), E Lindholm, B Schenn, Hyman, Kapanen (IR), Kaprizov, Suzuki, Drouin, Killorn, Dach, Eberle, Stephenson

Defencemen: Josi, Dahlin, Krug, Sergachev, Dumba, Dillon

Goalies: Talbot, Demko, Lehner

Default Re: Potential QB STream

I would have to start Winston over all those options. Manning at home isn't a bad second choice but w/out OBJ in the line-up, I don't feel good about ever starting Manning. Winston vs Buff won't be easy,but he has favorable weapons in the passing game and Martin in the backfield to provide balance on the ground.

Dalton @ PIT is an avoid if you can.
    McCown and Cutler is coin flip in a divisional match-up that should be tight. I like Winston's floor over these two all day.
    Hundley is too new, as is Beathard
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

I?m starting Hundley in 2 leagues, mostly because he’s at home and has a favorable matchup compare to other options. I agree it’s risky, but it’s kind of where things are at for me.

In one league, it’s quite deep so I really have little choice. In the other league, the other available options scare me even more (e.g., Manning with very few weapons available: Winston a question mark to play (I can’t do same day add/drops if he ends up not going) on the road against a very good defense, with a non-negligible risk of reinjuring tjenshouldernifnje does play; Dalton against an incredibly stingy Steelers pass D; Keenum facing the Ravens; etc.

Don’t love it overall, but like Hundley’s matchup, weapons, mobility and home cooking. We’ll see.

Good luck!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

I agree with Bomm. Stick with Winston.

I would also maybe try to acquire another QB. Do guys own two??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree, my plan for the time being is to stick with my starter. I'm more just looking here to see if anyone has insight into the wire options that I'm overlooking that might help me in the QB slot this week.

A handful of guys do have 2 QBs, mostly as Bye week fill-ins.
    The issue is, as far as trade bait, I can only really afford to give up a RB, but I know a lot of the guys in my league aren't short on RBs either.
    I'll maybe have to do some in-depth digging to see if there's an owner with a decent backup QB that could use a RB. Or a quality D, as I'm currently running a D tandem of JAX/DEN.
    Team 1

12-Team, H2H Multi-Cat
    9 Forwards, 5 Defense, 1 Utility, 5 Bench, 2-4 Goalies, 2 IR
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STP, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Cats: W, SO, GAA, SV%

Forwards: Marner, Scheifele, Pettersson (IR), Seguin (IR), E Lindholm, B Schenn, Hyman, Kapanen (IR), Kaprizov, Suzuki, Drouin, Killorn, Dach, Eberle, Stephenson

Defencemen: Josi, Dahlin, Krug, Sergachev, Dumba, Dillon

Goalies: Talbot, Demko, Lehner

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by nswanson8 View Post
    I agree, my plan for the time being is to stick with my starter. I'm more just looking here to see if anyone has insight into the wire options that I'm overlooking that might help me in the QB slot this week.

A handful of guys do have 2 QBs, mostly as Bye week fill-ins.
    The issue is, as far as trade bait, I can only really afford to give up a RB, but I know a lot of the guys in my league aren't short on RBs either.
    I'll maybe have to do some in-depth digging to see if there's an owner with a decent backup QB that could use a RB. Or a quality D, as I'm currently running a D tandem of JAX/DEN.
    I feel like there has to be someone just holding 2 even though their byes have past. I would try to get a top 10 QB here.