Thread: Absurd trade put through for Price

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Absurd trade put through for Price

16 team salary cap dynasty.
    Team traded Price and 2019 3rd for Athanasiou, Bean, Carter Hutton, 2018 1st and 2019 1st. After Price his other goalies are neuvirth and Chad Johnson for even more context.

Commish put through the trade and as per the rules each team can throw one flag up per season and the trade in question will go to the committee of the past years 4 division winners. I threw my flag and the vote came back 3-1 in favour, plus the commish who is not on the committee said he would have broken a possible tie in favour of the trade. How absurd is this?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Absurd trade put through for Price

Bad trades happen in real life and fantasy. I'm a firm believer in "as long as there's no collusion" or the trade "doesn't bring the league into disrepute" then it should be pushed through.

This trade isn't bad enough to ruin your league and there doesn't appear to be any allegations of collusion from your first message.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'll agree with MZac, but that is one large overreaction to the Habs poor start. Let him live with that mistake, it's a dynasty league. If he didn't make this deal, he'd make a different one. Guys who think small picture almost always end up screwing themselves.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Bad trades happen in real life and fantasy. I'm a firm believer in "as long as there's no collusion" or the trade "doesn't bring the league into disrepute" then it should be pushed through.

This trade isn't bad enough to ruin your league and there doesn't appear to be any allegations of collusion from your first message.
    Me too. It isn't a great move, but that is his stupidity. I'd go after another one of his star players before he trades him for a bucket of pucks.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure what the cap is, but there's no way I'd want Price on his new 10.5 contract in my cap leagues. If I'm in a rebuild, AA, Bean and two forst rounders is something I'd at least consider.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It looks like he wants to rebuild. Although his choice of prospects wouldn't be the ones I would target.... Don't think it's veto worthy tho

Dobber Sports Deity

In a cap league, this trade isn't absurd at all. Is it possible that he cant afford Price next year?

If this wasn't a cap league I'd agree that it's a bad deal but in a cap league I'd be trading Price as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He can afford it, he’s swapped between rebuilding and trying to compete multiple times over the summer. For more context, I traded him Price (because I couldn’t afford him next year) for Rask and butcher a week ago. It’s done though, so all of your opinions have eased my angst towards the deal. Thanks all for your input!

I'm not sure why you would be feeling angst over this trade, or use your red flag on it. Are you concerned he got ripped off, or as the previous owner of price more concerned where price eventually ended in a destination you don't want...

The Great One

Agree with the others who reference the cap.. 10.5 million can be tough to swallow based on the format
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

I would be concerned that this guy has the potential to ruin his team and hence it could be a concern for the league.

Particularly given the comment between switching between going for it and rebuilding, bac and forth, over the course of the same summer.

It seems a bit odd to acquire a player like price, and then trade him within a week. Would be worried if this gm does not have a long track record.

Rask & Butcher and a 3rd, for two 1sts, AA, Bean and Hutton is quite the haul for a rebuilding team. He knows what he's doing.

Be interesting to see if he can get his 3rd back by trading AA.
    2015 Vindaloo Cup Winner

Centre: Tavares, Seguin, Getzlaf
    LW: Kreider, Burakovsky (RW), Ehlers (RW)
    RW: Tarasenko, Silfverberg
    D: Klingberg, Subban, Karlsson
    G: Quick, Domingue

Bn Reinhart

20 Team Auction Draft, Keep 4, 6 forwards, 3 defense, 1 utility, 3 bench.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts, +-.5pts, GAA -.3pts, Goalie wins 5pts, SO 3pts bonus.

Dobber Sports Rookie

If things don't go well for him over the next few weeks, perhaps you can get him to make what I'm guessing is another emotional decision.
    Keeper 16 of 25 - 11F 6D 2G active 6 bench -- 7 team league -- G, A, SHG, Wx2, SO, OTL

F - Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, Namestikov, Kopitar, Laine, Pastrnak, Voracek, JVR, Oshie, E Kane
    D - Karlsson, Barrie, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Keith, Werenski
    G - Holtby, Rask

Bench - F Perry, D Trouba, Ekholm, Niskanen, Scheifele; G Smith