Thread: Pavelski for ?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pavelski for ?

I am trying to figure out who to target 1st in a deal where I am trading away Pavelski. I'd like a younger winger that could factor in as my last keeper. Pavelski was my last keeper in a keep any 6 that is being extended to a keep any 7 now (10 team H2H league). The aim is to get younger before I cant trade him for a keeper calibre player, and he gets lost to the regular redraft at end of season?

G,A, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, GWG
    Wins, GAA, Saves, Shutouts

Kucherov R
    Crosby C
    Ovechkin L
    Laine R
    Pavelski CR (TBReplaced with younger player by start of next year)
    Holtby
    TBD (likely a top D man unless a must keep is there at the end of the year, candidates are Gostisbehere or Klingberg, maybe OEL but unlikely unless he goes beast mode for next 70 games)

I've thought of and discussed briefly with owners of Simmonds, Ehlers, B. Schenn as pieces to try and build a trade framework around (+'s and picks can be included) but I haven't determined who to make a push for yet. I'm thinking the best chances I have at the moment are Schenn and Ehlers.

I know Im coupling his slow start with the desire to get younger so I may just be overreacting early and should keep Pavelski for the year, he has scored in back to back games including tonight...but I feel I need to look long term rather than short here. I'm aware he is a buy low opportunity for others right now.

Any feedback or suggestions would be great, thanks.
    Alex.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pavelski for ?

Forsberg is the name that popped in for me after you mentioned Ehlers. Forsberg fits the goal/shot focus that your league has and would give you some nice LW/RW balance with the rest of your keepers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)