Thread: Which 3 ROOKIES would you want ROS only...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Which 3 ROOKIES would you want ROS only...

...Points only (G-1, A-1). Position doesn't matter.

This is a Non Draft pool so many franchises could pick the same player.

EDITED..From the list below, which 2 ROOKS would you want, ROS. Basically, I'm looking for players you guys think will be in the NHL all season. If one of my picks gets sent down I would then have to burn one of my "6 MOVES" for the year to replace him.

Appreciate you taking the time to offer your thoughts. Will REP where I can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are some of this year's crop with P/GP and..(PPG) beside their name.

Butcher 9/7..(1.29) Boeser 5/4..(1.25) Tuch 3/2..(1.5)??? Bratt 6/7..(.86) but 0 in last 4 and ice time down.

Bjork and McAvoy both 5/6..(.83) Brickley 4/5..(.80) Vrana 5/7..(.71) Leipsic, Hosang, Debrusk and Kempe 4/6..(.67) Kerfoot 5/8..(.63)

Yamamoto 3/5..(.60) Frk and Milano 4/7..(.57) Patrick 3/7..(.43). Anyone else I haven't mentioned besides Keller and Hischier?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? Thanks! very much for any replies.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Which 3 ROOKIES would you want ROS only...

Assuming everyone is going to pick Keller and Hischier... I wouldn't even bother picking them in your picks... I would try to find the next best two guys and hope noone else picks them and everyone picks Keller and Hischier.

For me I would go with Vrana and Ho-Sang. I think they are both likely to stay and produce.

The Great One

Keller, Boeser and Vrana for me but as penguin hunter has said I could understand a logic for Ho Sang over Keller
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Assuming everyone is going to pick Keller and Hischier... I wouldn't even bother picking them in your picks... I would try to find the next best two guys and hope noone else picks them and everyone picks Keller and Hischier.

For me I would go with Vrana and Ho-Sang. I think they are both likely to stay and produce.
    Thanks very much Pen and Sulla.

Pen. Are you thinking that Vrana and Ho-Sang are going to outscore Keller and Hisc? To be honest, as rookies are such a crap shoot, I've always wanted the 2 ROOKS on my 25 man roster to simply match the production of the rooks on the other 13 franchises. It doesn't bother me at all if I have the same rooks as most of the other franchises. With your strategy, if all the other franchises pick Keller and Hisc and I don't, I'm basically giving them Keller and Hisc and they will all have them on their roster and I won't. The risk here is that if Keller and Hisc badly outproduce H-S and Vrana I can lose a lot of ground. I've always looked at the rooks as---they generally won't win you the $$$ but they can lose you the $$$ in a hurry.

I see your strategy if you think H-S and Vrana are going to outscore Keller and Hisc. I actually started this topic in the hopes of finding out members thoughts on who their 3rd, 4th, 5th picks would be, and probably should have approached the whole topic differently.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

^^ Sorry, I misread it. I read it if multiple GMS take the same rookie then he gets dropped.

Re-reading it I realize that it is only if all 14 GMS pick them. So never mind. my strategy would not work! Sorry about that.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

^^ Sorry, I misread it. I read it if multiple GMS take the same rookie then he gets dropped.

Re-reading it I realize that it is only if all 14 GMS pick them. So never mind. my strategy would not work! Sorry about that.
    Thanks Pen, no need to apologize...unfortunately, most of my posts are very easy to misread. But I am Sooo Glad to hear that would not be your strategy now as it would be high risk/high reward which i'm not comfortable with when it comes to Rooks. So Vrana and Ho-Sang would be your next 2 picks??? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Thanks Pen, no need to apologize...unfortunately, most of my posts are very easy to misread. But I am Sooo Glad to hear that would not be your strategy now as it would be high risk/high reward which i'm not comfortable with when it comes to Rooks. So Vrana and Ho-Sang would be your next 2 picks??? Thanks again.
    It wasn't your fault it was mis read 100% mine.

And yes. I think they are safe picks to play all year and produce. they would be my #3 and 4. Boeser in the mix too.. but I have read that him and Virtanen are going to share time in the press box, which scares me off him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It wasn't your fault it was mis read 100% mine.

And yes. I think they are safe picks to play all year and produce. they would be my #3 and 4. Boeser in the mix too.. but I have read that him and Virtanen are going to share time in the press box, which scares me off him.
    Thanks Pen.
    Vrana and Ho-Sang look like good picks if Hiscier and Keller are unanimous in the first round. Boesser, hadn't heard that. I hope the kid doesn't get press box time. Sheesh, he's their leading scorer at this point but guess you never know with the Canucks.

Dobber Sports Titan

I feel like you almost have to take Keller, Boeser and Hisher. If you don't pick them and everyone else does, then you're the only one missing out. If everyone takes them then it's all even. If someone else takes the hit and doesn't pick them, then you have the top 3.

Past those three, Butcher, Patrick, Yamamoto and Vrana are probably your best bets. I'm not as high on Ho-Sang comparitively.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I feel like you almost have to take Keller, Boeser and Hisher. If you don't pick them and everyone else does, then you're the only one missing out. If everyone takes them then it's all even. If someone else takes the hit and doesn't pick them, then you have the top 3.

Past those three, Butcher, Patrick, Yamamoto and Vrana are probably your best bets. I'm not as high on Ho-Sang comparitively.
    Thanks EB. Agreed. I think I have to pick Hisc and Keller. If I don't, and all other franchises do, I'll be behind the 8 ball. There is a high probability every franchise will pick Hisc, he will be deleted, and we will all have to select another Rookie (which one is what I'm trying to determine here). Good chance Keller is not unanimous as we have a real NJD fan who will likely pick Hisc and Butcher. So beyond Hischier and Keller I'll have to choose one more ROOK, likely Vrana or Boesser. Almost flip a coin.

Dobber Sports Titan

I like Boeser personally. A lot more competition for ice time in WSH, and on a real competitive team, the tier two rookies will often get shuffled down.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well what do I know. No unanimous picks. 14 franchises each picking 2 rooks. So I have Keller and Hischier
    Hischier picked by 9...Keller and Butcher by 5...Vrana 2 and then 1 each...Sergachev, Brickley, Bratt, Heinen, Boesser and the current leader
    in our pool picked Hayden?-chi and Gourde?-tbl. I'm surprised that more than 4 or 5 rooks were picked but a few of these GM are just in it for...I'm not sure lol.
    Anyway, I'm happy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Wow, big win for you!