Thread: Neal Barrie for Draisaitl/Junker d?

The Great One

Default Neal Barrie for Draisaitl/Junker d?

Goals are worth 4, assists 3, sogs and pims are 0.5- so sogs are pretty impactful and Neal even when he underachieves is usually a prolific shooter. Im contending this year for sure and Neals been excellent and likely setup for a huge year. Barries been very good too and the dropoff would be big- talking like Colin Miller, Tim Heed, MDZ.

Keep 12:
    F- Malkin, Forsberg, Keller, Skinner, E Kane, Neal, Shipya, Aho, Eberle
    D- Buff, Ghost, Barrie, Trouba
    G- Vasy
    Bn- Boeser, Namestikov, E Lindholm, Darling

Im really torn here. Im worried about Draisaitls injury, his lack of track record, and giving up too much here and now talent in a year where I should be very comepetitve for the title...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Neal Barrie for Draisaitl/Junker d?

I want the best player in Drai who is destined to forever be on PP1 with McDavid. And often on his line at even strength. This is exactly how you sell high and buy low early in the season.

The next 10 games it is very likely that Vegas and the oilers flip flop as far as how their seasons are going and you may never get this opportunity again.

Some other quick points :

- Neal is always an injury away and I expect him to miss some time this year.
    - I like Barrie alot but he's not a big enough piece to worry about too much when you're acquiring a guy like Drai.
    - drai is a definite keeper on your team where id argue Barrie is your 4th D and neal is a fringe keeper. Definite keeper upgrade.

I'd do this deal and not think twice.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Ok Im not totally sure in a competetive year but between MDZ and Goligoski on the wire I feel like I can eek out 30 or so dman points with streaming and thats not bad for your 4 hole in this league. Im not as convinced Neal gets injured- I know he'll slow down but not sure he falls off a cliff. Im not going to lie I think I lose some this year but its a keeper upgrade hopefully and Ive too man7y so consolidating two keepers into 1 makes sense I think. Rep coming- thankls for weighing in...

Dobber Sports Titan

I would definitely rather Draisaitl and have to upgrade my D another way.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Deal done. If anyone wants to give me a virtual back pat Id appreciate it :P . Im not joking this deal has me puzzled- I feel like I got the best BPA long term- but in our format Im not even sure I got the BPA for this year and that dropff from Barrie to whoever I pull off the scrap heap projects to be pretty massive!

If anyone has some inspiring Draisaitl highlight packages I can fall asleep too- rep will be (a) given...