Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Claim of mis click....

The Great One

Default Re: Claim of mis click....

I will go against the grain in the sense that "clicking the wrong button" seems far more plausible to me than wanting to trade drouin for two scrubs (in a keeper league). the other GM is losing that deal (IMO) short-term and long-term. And fantrax does not have a double accept function; you click accept and that's it.

And if the league has a veto system in place, why shouldn't this trade -or any trade- be subject to it?

Crying over split milk, IMO, if you want to quit a league as a result of GMs following rules and taking the integrity of the league seriously...

Dobber Sports Pro

Why can't any of you be in my league for some logical reasoning lol
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

As a commisioner and one of my league members says they miss clicked within 2 mins of either dropping a player or trading a player I will reverse it no questions asked. The next day? Not a chance. If you are not active enough to realize that you just clicked accept and don't see that those players aren't on your roster anymore you don't deserve a next day reversal even if it was true. At the very least, get an explanation of his miss click?
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I think the grace period for a "mis-click" is maybe an hour or so. The next day is too late. The OGM's story is malarkey. If he is your buddy I suppose you could rework the deal but I dont think you are obligated to in any way.
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Star

Yes, he should have notice it immediately and said something. If he didn't notice until the next day, then he isn't paying enough attention and he deserves to get burned (and if he isn't paying attention, he shouldn't actually care that much). A mistake was made and somebody has to pay for it - who should it be? The person who made it or his innocent trading partner? Seems obvious to me.

Dobber Sports Icon

I actually did this once about 5 years ago - but like others have pointed out, I realised it right away and immediately alerted the league.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post

Deal was his Drouin for my Pominville & Caggulia, Caggulia is JR eligible so can store him there to not take a roster spot and filter in for game days making JR eligible higher value than normal. Pominville with Eichel is putting up huge resurgent numbers so good for a contending team.
    oh good to know you offer up those kind of trades in other leagues and not just the WHL.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Expert

What are the facts leading up to the trade? Was it at all negotiated? Are there emails back and forth? We're there phone conversations? The more negotiated the deal, the more unbelievable the mis click argument.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Clicking the wrong button could easily happen, but it would also be realized immediately - not the next day.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    What are the facts leading up to the trade? Was it at all negotiated? Are there emails back and forth? We're there phone conversations? The more negotiated the deal, the more unbelievable the mis click argument.
    do you really think there was negotiations that lead to drouin for two scrubs? lol. I bet this was offered by OP and mistakenly accepted by other gm (of course, I'm just guessing). it doesn't seem strange that he might not notice until logging in the next day to set line ups, especially if the trade was done at a point where he line up was already set for the current day.

seriously, how many people deliberately check their line up after DECLINING a trade? if he thought he declined it, he'd have no reason to check right away.

mind you, if there was a ton of negotiation on this deal....I take it all back lol.

I just find it very easy to believe that the other gm didn't mean to do this deal.

and I still see no reason why a league shouldn't apply a veto process to a trade if a veto process is in place.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    do you really think there was negotiations that lead to drouin for two scrubs? lol.
    Pominville has 9 points so far. Drouin has 5 and his team is a tire fire. I would not be surprised at all if Pominville outpoints Drouin this year.

At the start of the season Dobber had Drouin for 61 points and Pom for 48. Given their starts, shifting Drouin down 5 points and Pom up 5 is completely reasonable. So, calm down.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Pominville has 9 points so far. Drouin has 5 and his team is a tire fire. I would not be surprised at all if Pominville outpoints Drouin this year.

At the start of the season Dobber had Drouin for 61 points and Pom for 48. Given their starts, shifting Drouin down 5 points and Pom up 5 is completely reasonable. So, calm down.
    i'm completely calm. I just have a different take than you. that's allowed, as far as I know

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If it's fantrax then it could be a misclick. Especially if he's on his phone. I always zoom in big on the decline button before clicking to avoid accidently hitting accept instead.... No double verification, just a pop up saying trade is now awaiting commissioner approval.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Their is also a pop up when you decline in fantrax giving you the option to write a message explaining why you rejected the trade.

So if it was on fantrax and he was on his phone, the pop ups appear fairly small. If he wasn't paying attention it would be possible he miss clicked.

And if he closed app immediately after miss clicking. I guess you wouldn't be aware til next log in

Dobber Sports Icon

Ok..I guess it possible if the 'deal' was made late in the night and he didn't notice until the morning fhen I suppose it's plausible it's a mis-click...

I'm not on fantrax so I don't know the order of business for accepting and declining a trade but there has to be some second screen somewhere that let's you know you've accepted or declined..no?

It still smells of BS.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)