Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Claim of mis click....

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Claim of mis click....

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    ...sounds like he realized he f'd up. if it were me id probably let it be reversed, but not after a day..an hour or two sure..not the next day. Even then the guy would owe me a solid

curious to know the trade..was it a trade for a player that lit up the scoreboard that night?
    Yeah.... did it involve Marchand or Pastrnak or another player that was starting off slow that finally got it going last night?

Dobber Sports Pro

My team rebuilding, his is contending.

Deal was his Drouin for my Pominville & Caggulia, Caggulia is JR eligible so can store him there to not take a roster spot and filter in for game days making JR eligible higher value than normal. Pominville with Eichel is putting up huge resurgent numbers so good for a contending team.

Agree if within 30 mins - hour I get it....but next day and after all the trade prompts/confirmations you should know instantly if a miss click.

I'm new to the league this year so no previous relations with the league
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Ugh, on paper, that is a bad deal for him for sure.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

If you like the trade then don't let this guy get away with this nonsense. What a gutless tactic on his part, and even on the off-chance he is telling the truth, I guess it's life lesson time. Think before you act or pay the consequences.

Dobber Sports Ace

No such thing as a mis click. PERIOD!
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Veteran

I missent a trade offer this year and noticed it as soon as it was accepted. I was immediately posting the error to our league board.

Not it the same exact situation but the point is, a guy will notice the misclick right away. Next day smells like someone got advice after the fact.

Dobber Sports Monster

Reminds me of a situation last year with a new guy, (note that in this officepools league, it only lets us send messages and not trade offers). I asked him if Oliver Ekman-Larsson was available and he said, "Yes but it would have to be either for schwartz or fabbri? Up to you.", so since he was a new guy and I wanted to be a little courteous, I said "Ok I'll do Fabbri for OEL, would yo like me to post?" (note we post the trade on the chat section). Weeks go by and he doesn't respond. Then at the mid-season draft he says to me "you really wanted OEL didn't you?" .... What I gathered is he got coaching from a buddy of his and told him not to do the deal. I offered this same manager a deal earlier this season and no response .... no more offers coming his way I can guarantee you that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

That's a horrible trade for the other guy. He made a bad trade and realized it too late. That story sounds like...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's a horrible trade for the other guy. He made a bad trade and realized it too late. That story sounds like...

...my thoughts exactly...BS!!!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW)
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-
    NTP - Leonard, Perrault

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I had this exact same thing happen to me. Tales of a 'mis-click' in my yahoo keeper league. The difference was this person responded to the message board almost instantaneously (not after a bunch of GMs chirped) The fact that he responded to the board instantly made me rescind the trade without feeling sour about it. The GM in your league on the other hand is a liar. If he truly 'mis-clicked' as you say his efforts to have the trade rescinded would be and should have been instantaneous, not the day after, not after breakfast, but right away. The fact that he was getting chirped and waited until the next day to make his claims of a mis-click tell me all I need to know. Depending on what your league commish says Id be, at minimum, demanding a draft pick or something along those lines if they want to reverse the trade, because it is this morons fault and no one elses. Personally though I would be fighting tooth and nail to make sure the trade sticks, simply based on principles and ethics. Its a slippery slope once nonsense like this starts getting allowed.
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.

Well the result sucks so far....league forced deal back through, and awaiting vote from league but so far losing vote 5-2

Vancouver Voodoo
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post

Well the result sucks so far....league forced deal back through, and awaiting vote from league but so far losing vote 5-2
    Ah, that sucks. I was just going to say I would say let the deal just go through. Managers wanting to go back on a deal gets on my nerves. Hope it sticks though. What is the point of trading if every trade that isn't "EVEN" (subjective) is vetoed? It could be used as a learning lesson for this manager that maybe next time he doesn't just quickly click a button and pays more attention if he is indeed telling the truth which more I think about it, I don't think he is.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yep, new to this league and really makes me question whether want to stay in it if they hold up the veto

Vancouver Voodoo

Dobber Sports Star

That's a joke. I'd definitely find a new league.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post

If you think you're going to lose the vote, it might be good to send/post something letting the league know you'll accept the reversing of the trade (it's a strategy that will help build goodwill for the next time something happens, people are more likely to see you as a good guy), but clearly indicate that you aren't happy about it and that there needs to be a rule about this type of thing.

Seriously, if you can't trust that an accepted trade is good to go once it's accepted, how can you make multiple deals on deadline day. Even better, make a ridiculous offer on deadline day that will obviously be accepted and then protest it the next day, demanding the same courtesy!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket