Thread: Need to Acquire a Goalie

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Need to Acquire a Goalie

My goaltenders are Brian Elliot and M-A Fleury. With already weak goaltending, and now Fleury's injury, I need to acquire a goaltender.

I have picked up Kuemper and Lack, who should see time next week, but those are about my only options as far as backups go. No limits on goaltenders so guys hold 4 or 5 all season. And it's next to impossible to make a fair trade, everyone values goaltenders so much.

Anyone have any advice in negotiating trades? I have offered what I believe are fair deals, all are rejected with no counter offers. Subban for John Gibson, Bergeron and Weber for Crawford on one occasion and Vasilevski on another. Even Khudobin for Domi was rejected. It's very frustrating.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Need to Acquire a Goalie

I don't understand why you NEED to acquire a goalie.
    Is this H2H... or roto?
    What are the categories? Or Point weights?

As for negotiating trades - I think you go after the absolute worst goalies and offer up a hot player who is not that good.
    Like, maybe offer somebody Jaden Schwartz for Steve Mason.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry I thought my league settings were in my signature.

It's a Roto league, 6 keepers a year, auction draft. Cats are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, and SOG for skaters, GS, W, GAA, SV% and SHO for goalies. Even having starts as a category, I need to consistently play someone.

While I'm at it, my team is: Matthews, Nylander, Domi, Rust, Mark Stone, Brayden Schenn, Craig Smith, Koivu, Bergeron and Hertl are forwards. Subban, Doughty, Ekblad, Weber are my D. Fleury, Elliot, Kuemper and Lack are goalies.

I drafted strong defense so I could have trade pieces, but nobody is biting. As far as forwards, Matthews and Nylander are really the only guys I want to hold on to

Dobber Sports Expert

You could try to grab Adin Hill and ride him 'till Fleury gets back. Schneider & Elliott are my goalies and that's what I'm doing to get through next week until Schneider returns (I hope.)

Raantaa still hasn't skated since being injured (https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan/sta...72225184133120) so Hill could have a couple weeks with the reins.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hill has been picked. The manager said he's available but I'm not sure I want to trade foe him