Thread: Dynasty TE -- Reed, is he worth it?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Dynasty TE -- Reed, is he worth it?

The bloom is seriously coming off the rose so to speak. But someone in my league recently dropped Reed. There are some nuances in our league that I won't bore you with, but the basic facts are:

It's a half point per reception format. I currently have ASJ, who I'd be dropping for Reed. But it's also a FAAB auction process, so my I'm thinking of throwing out a bid of $18 (that's a notable bid in our league (say, roughly 50/50 chance of winning for any player of note), but by no means a big bid or anything that will impact my budget moving forward).

I will be spot starting ASJ or Reed this year, but I'm more intrigued by Reed's potential trade value down the road in a dynasty setting (I have O.J. Howard stashed for long-term deployment in a year or two).

Worth trying this out? Worth making a more,aggressive bid? Still worth doing but, given Reed's injury history, only if I get a steal so I might consider backing off on the bid amount a tad?

Appreciate any feedback.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Dynasty TE -- Reed, is he worth it?

I think I would lower the bid to $10 and just go with that. If you get him....great. But be prepared for headaches. ASJ is a great fill in right now so definitely don;t drop him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks HR. Was able to get Reed. Will see what he can do. Obviously has underperformed to date this season, but the guy has proven that he’s one of the few TEs in the league who can absolutely dominate and almost single handedly drive the outcome of a weekly matchup.

Think he’s worth the risk ROS and as trade bait later on in a dynasty setting.

Thanks again. Cheers.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Exactly....and once he does....TRADE HIM