Thread: Marner or Nylander. Who ya got? (This year And 3 years down the road)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Marner or Nylander. Who ya got? (This year And 3 years down the road)

Marner seems to have the name value but Nylander seems to be coming on strong. Which do you want ROS vs 3 years down the road?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Marner or Nylander. Who ya got? (This year And 3 years down the road)

ROS - I want Nylander

3 years down the road -it'll be a toss up. Nylander still undervalued behind Marner IMO. He's Mr. Consistent. from SEL to AHL to NHL he just produces and he avoids any prolonged droughts in production. Both have 80+ potential
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Marner or Nylander. Who ya got? (This year And 3 years down the road)

Hmmm. I would have figured Marner would still have been the choice. Interesting.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is a great debate. Really close. Last season it was a clear choice. The second half of last season on to today Nylander has really shown a lot of promise. I can't pick a winner.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Jedi

one is playing with confidence, one is not. That's a big difference right now. I think we need to see Marner with Kadri.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    one is playing with confidence, one is not. That's a big difference right now. I think we need to see Marner with Kadri.
    BANG on Lucafen. Kadri centering Marner & Brown is what I want to see as a 2nd line, Bozak with JVR and Marleau/Komarov 3rd then your 4th line.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Give me Marner all day everyday, more upside, he's just more skilled.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nylander by a smidge.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Guru

I owned both last year and would've said Marner without hesitation. I dealt Marner very reluctantly (to get Kucherov) after trying to sub in Nylander without luck.
    But now I'm starting to wonder if I lucked out afterall....

As long as Nylander is alongside Matthews, I'm not gonna be disappointed.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev