Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aho, Keller, Boeser - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Aho, Keller, Boeser - I'll Rep

How would you rank these 3 moving forward in my league format? Aho is my rookie carry-over from last year, and Boeser is a new rookie I drafted this year.

Positions: Boeser (RW), Aho (LW/RW), Keller (CW/LW).

Would you stick with Aho and Boeser on my squad, or do you think Keller would be worth trading for? Not saying it's my 2 guys for him, but I obviously have to give something up to get something, and Keller is rookie eligible like Boeser, since he didn't burn his rookie status last year. Aho was my rookie carry-over this year, so I can sign him to 1 or 2 yrs after this year, as long as I stay at 4 contracts max (looking to move Monahan in a separate deal). I don't really need to do it now, but I got a good offer.

If I acquire Keller, I'll have 2 rookies, but I can sign 1 of them to 4, and carry the other over as my rookie. Would the 4 be a stretch for either of these guys, and if not which would you sign to 4 and which would you just carry-over? The limitation of carry-over is obviously only being able to sign guy to max 2 yr after they've burned rookie status.

Would you stick with what I have (Aho/Boeser), or do you like Keller/Boeser more? What would you offer for Keller? Will Aho even be worth signing to 2 years after this year? Obviously Aho started the year with 2 pts but has been quiet since, even though Carolina has been scoring. Hoping he does't have a sophomore slump, as he has yet to score. I carried Domi over into last year, but he didn't prove to be keepable after last year/I didn't have room so I dropped him. Wheeler, Kuzy and Hall are locked in for me as keepers, but if I move Monahan I'll have a slot open, and I don't think anyone I drafted I would want to keep over a guy like Keller or Aho.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Aho, Keller, Boeser - I'll Rep

That was a lot of the same question asked multiple times.
    I think Keller is going to be the best of the bunch. Do what it takes to get him, and keep him the longest. Right now I like Aho a little better than Boeser, but give it a year or two and it might swing the other way.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That was a lot of the same question asked multiple times.
    I think Keller is going to be the best of the bunch. Do what it takes to get him, and keep him the longest. Right now I like Aho a little better than Boeser, but give it a year or two and it might swing the other way.
    Ok thanks, would you offer Aho for Keller right now, or don't think that'll be enough? I guess doesn't matter if Aho is above Boeser right now, because the benefit of a trade is that I would get the rest of this year + 4 after with Keller, and still have Boeser, vs rest of this year with Aho + 2 after, and still Boeser. So i can't have an Aho/Keller combo, unless I carry Keller over and sign Aho after this year, but I think Keller as 4 is best option, and just roll with Boeser as rookie.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Ok thanks, would you offer Aho for Keller right now, or don't think that'll be enough?
    won't be near enough. I offered Voracek for him and was rejected outright. I added a prospect to Vora and still rejected. Only if the owner has his head in the sand will you get him for Aho. You're going to need a big add.

Keller
    Boeser

Aho
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    won't be near enough. I offered Voracek for him and was rejected outright. I added a prospect to Vora and still rejected. Only if the owner has his head in the sand will you get him for Aho. You're going to need a big add.

Keller
    Boeser

Aho
    Interesting you have Aho below the other 2. I guess he's better right now, but doesn't have as high a ceiling? If I were to sign Keller to 4, do you think I would get a lot of value out of him, or too risky? I just don't want another MacK situation, where a rookie does great, I sign them to 4 then they regress. Not saying Keller will do the same thing, but just something I worry about because Colorado dropped off from Mack's year 1 to 2 after they traded O'Reilly, and Arizona is mediocre still right now.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Interesting you have Aho below the other 2. I guess he's better right now, but doesn't have as high a ceiling? If I were to sign Keller to 4, do you think I would get a lot of value out of him, or too risky? I just don't want another MacK situation, where a rookie does great, I sign them to 4 then they regress. Arizona isn't exactly great right now either, but they should start to improve.
    I see Aho as a 60-65pt player with maybe a 70pt career year chipped in.. The other two, Boeser 35+g per year and in a couple years should be in the Kessel production range. Keller, well, he's the best of the 3. There's a reason Dobber has him above Hischier/Patrick on the prospect list. This kid has a 80+pt ceiling. The latter two are production drivers. Aho I don't see as being a player that carries the play as much or to the same level as the other two.

Dobber Sports Pro

I see Aho as a 60-65pt player with maybe a 70pt career year chipped in.. The other two, Boeser 35+g per year and in a couple years should be in the Kessel production range. Keller, well, he's the best of the 3. There's a reason Dobber has him above Hischier/Patrick on the prospect list. This kid has a 80+pt ceiling. The latter two are production drivers. Aho I don't see as being a player that carries the play as much or to the same level as the other two.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize Boeser projected out to be a Kessel type player. I saw comparisons to Sharp and Neal on his prospect write-up. The beauty is, I can see how he does next year before deciding on a contract. So before I even get the chance to sign him, will have seen him for 2 years. What do you see production wise for Boeser this year and next, like before he gets to that 35g level?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

Oh wow, I didn't realize Boeser projected out to be a Kessel type player. I saw comparisons to Sharp and Neal on his prospect write-up. The beauty is, I can see how he does next year before deciding on a contract. So before I even get the chance to sign him, will have seen him for 2 years. What do you see production wise for Boeser this year and next, like before he gets to that 35g level?
    This is my opinion, not anyone else's. Fee like I should toss that out for clarity sake. I'd check when those write-ups were written. When Van drafted him at #24 pundits criticized them for not dropping down to take Boeser as he was ranked around #30 and thought it was an awful pick. What he did last year in the NCAA and so far with the Canucks ups those projections in my opinion.

This kid is gold. his nose for the net and compete level are exceptional. He's got a lethal shot & will get in close around the dirty areas around the net. 25-25 I can see for Boeser this year. It would not shock me at all to see him included in the discussion for the Calder at years end, even a finalist. I try to acquire Boeser in every league I am in as well as Keller. I'm super high on BB & I generally find flaws in anything Canucks. There just isn't with this kid. He and Horvat are going to be a really solid duo for years to come. Wouldn't surprise me to see him crack 30 goals in the 18/19 season. If not, then I'd bet money he does in 19/20. I should look at the odds of him doing it this year. If I could get 10-1, I'd put $20 down.

Dobber Sports Pro

This is my opinion, not anyone else's. Fee like I should toss that out for clarity sake. I'd check when those write-ups were written. When Van drafted him at #24 pundits criticized them for not dropping down to take Boeser as he was ranked around #30 and thought it was an awful pick. What he did last year in the NCAA and so far with the Canucks ups those projections in my opinion.

This kid is gold. his nose for the net and compete level are exceptional. He's got a lethal shot & will get in close around the dirty areas around the net. 25-25 I can see for Boeser this year. It would not shock me at all to see him included in the discussion for the Calder at years end, even a finalist. I try to acquire Boeser in every league I am in as well as Keller. I'm super high on BB & I generally find flaws in anything Canucks. There just isn't with this kid. He and Horvat are going to be a really solid duo for years to come. Wouldn't surprise me to see him crack 30 goals in the 18/19 season. If not, then I'd bet money he does in 19/20. I should look at the odds of him doing it this year. If I could get 10-1, I'd put $20 down.
    I didn't realize he was expected to go lower, interesting. I agree with you on upping his projections, I mean it's only 12 games split across 2 years but already 6 goals 3 assists.

Yeah I saw his nose for the net in his goal highlight from last game, I mean right place right time but still. Based on what you expect from him, I'm glad I drafted him as my rookie. It's just so hard to know (outside of the Matthews, Eichel and those type guys), how a guy will do from year 1 to year 2. Domi didn't prove to be keeper level for me/I couldn't get him, and now i've carried Aho over and he's off to a slow start.

Since you are responding here, can you look into my threads on Monahan v MacKinnon? It's just trade scenarios.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Keller
    Boeser

Aho
    I’m buying what Lucafen is selling here.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I’m buying what Lucafen is selling here.
    Based on my team, what would you offer to get Keller? I mean I could do Aho/pick since the other team is rebuilding. Keep in mind i'm looking to move Monahan and Barrie for MacK, Lee and picks. MacK I owned before, and he hasn't been off my roster for 1 year so I am not able to resign him. I'll have him for the rest of this year, then he'll expire. I don't think the other gm is overly interested in MacK, but would MacK/Aho be overpayment if I don't do Aho/pick? I'm going to have to move MacK in the off-season anyways.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Based on my team, what would you offer to get Keller? I mean I could do Aho/pick since the other team is rebuilding. Keep in mind i'm looking to move Monahan and Barrie for MacK, Lee and picks. MacK I owned before, and he hasn't been off my roster for 1 year so I am not able to resign him. I'll have him for the rest of this year, then he'll expire. I don't think the other gm is overly interested in MacK, but would MacK/Aho be overpayment if I don't do Aho/pick? I'm going to have to move MacK in the off-season anyways.
    How about Aho/a 4th? He asked for Aho/a 2nd, but I said that's too high, and he said let's meet in middle and do 3 but I don't have a 3 in 2018. He just said he doesn't want below a 4. I'm probably going to gain a 4 in a separate deal where I get MacK, so losing a pick to get Keller is okay I think?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

what's the value difference in a 2nd vs 4th?

Dobber Sports Pro

what's the value difference in a 2nd vs 4th?
    Round 2: Carter, Talbot, Wennberg, Bobrovsky, Oshie, Saad, Simmonds, Andersen, Niederreiter, Price, Letang, Dubnyk, Johnson, Lindholm
    Round 4: Turris, Bishop, Crawford, Silfverberg, O'Reilly, Reinhart, Allen, Shipachyov, Spezza, Trocheck, Kadri, Carlson, Krug, Quick

I don't have a 3 right now (in 2018), and even if I gain a 4 via another trade, I wouldn't be thrilled about picking 1, then not until round 4. Seems pretty dicy. Not saying i wouldn't be able to regain a pick in between 1 and 4, but just risky I guess. The other offer, I would gain a 4/6 in 2019 as well.

What about if I offer Aho/3 in 2019? Even if I move a 3, I'll have 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8.

Rd 3: Dadonov, Jones, Lee, Rinne, Byfuglien, Schultz, Staal, Perry, OEL, Vasilevskiy, Miller, Lundqvist, Horvat, Burakovsky.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

if you're getting a 4th in return for Mack, then I wouldn't worry too much about the pick. Aho & a 4th (kadri/quick/allen) all look like lot for Keller Aho & Reinhart/Spezza looks like a decent deal. A 4th seems a bit of a crap shoot from this years draft. But you're getting a pure stud. So yeah, for a 4th I'd do it.