Thread: Kane, Schmaltz and Hartman

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Kane, Schmaltz and Hartman

Great piece in the Athletic - Kane is awesome, sounds like he basically pre-picked his linemates for this year with Panarin gone.

https://theathletic.com/130643/2017/...new-linemates/

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Kane, Schmaltz and Hartman

There's a paywall, but yeah - I read that one last night too.
    Big issue for me is that while those linemates suit Pat Kane, they don't really provide great depth to CHI.
    You load up line 2 with those guys and maybe they are a 74 offensively and a 65 defensively.
    And maybe line 3 is a 33 offensively and a 55 defensively.

Mix and match some players and maybe line 2 can be a 65o/65d with line 3 as 55o/55d.
    Personally, I think CHI is better with DeBrinc/Anisimov/P.Kane.
    You let the wingers go do their thing, and have AA just be defensively focused.
    Then you put the kids with Sharp.
    I didn't see any issue with Panarin/AA/P.Kane - don't see why CHI shouldn't stick with similar line.
    [And yes, I too believe Schmaltz>Anisimov, but that doesn't necessarily make the team better.]

Right now, line 3 is kind of shit.
    There's not really a solid zone-carry guy there.
    Sharp's strength is in-zone, DeBrincat too, and Anisimov can guard the line... but there's no engine on that line.

I think that's better, but I'm not smarter than Q - so... all the power to them going forward.
    I just think the Kane line needs a veteran, over the course of a long season.
    Too much was made, IMO, about the big 10-1 opening game whooping on PIT and people are going to cling to that for too long.

[And let's not forget, Patty is a "fun loving guy" that doesn't have a great record with foreigners, teehee.
    A few northern buddies to hang-out with in Florida, psh... might make him happy - but wins are more important than Patty Kane's happiness, IMO.]

We shall see.
    I'm not all that impressed with CHI as a team since the opening two wins. (though to be fair - Schmaltz has just returned...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    There's a paywall, but yeah - I read that one last night too.
    Big issue for me is that while those linemates suit Pat Kane, they don't really provide great depth to CHI.
    You load up line 2 with those guys and maybe they are a 74 offensively and a 65 defensively.
    And maybe line 3 is a 33 offensively and a 55 defensively.

Mix and match some players and maybe line 2 can be a 65o/65d with line 3 as 55o/55d.
    Personally, I think CHI is better with DeBrinc/Anisimov/P.Kane.
    You let the wingers go do their thing, and have AA just be defensively focused.
    Then you put the kids with Sharp.
    I didn't see any issue with Panarin/AA/P.Kane - don't see why CHI shouldn't stick with similar line.
    [And yes, I too believe Schmaltz>Anisimov, but that doesn't necessarily make the team better.]

Right now, line 3 is kind of shit.
    There's not really a solid zone-carry guy there.
    Sharp's strength is in-zone, DeBrincat too, and Anisimov can guard the line... but there's no engine on that line.

I think that's better, but I'm not smarter than Q - so... all the power to them going forward.
    I just think the Kane line needs a veteran, over the course of a long season.
    Too much was made, IMO, about the big 10-1 opening game whooping on PIT and people are going to cling to that for too long.

[And let's not forget, Patty is a "fun loving guy" that doesn't have a great record with foreigners, teehee.
    A few northern buddies to hang-out with in Florida, psh... might make him happy - but wins are more important than Patty Kane's happiness, IMO.]

We shall see.
    I'm not all that impressed with CHI as a team since the opening two wins. (though to be fair - Schmaltz has just returned...)

Very interesting take Peng, but you're last line is key, Schmaltz was injured 5 mins into game 2 and last night was his first game back. Will be interesting to see what they do vs the Oilers tonight. I think you're going to see closer to game 1 than last night as far as how that line performs this season.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sage

I want Kane and Schmaltz together and Anisimov on the 3rd line. Anisimov is just too slow. Sure, Kane was fine with Anisimov last year but that was when you had Panarin on the other wing. And often times, those two only passed to each other.

LOL- Don't give Q too much credit Pengwin. He has made some questionable roster decisions that do not make sense.

Line 1 Toews, Panik, Saad
    Line 2 Schmaltz, Kane, Hartman/Hayden/Debrincat
    Line 3 Anisimov, Sharp, Hartman/Hayden/Debrincat
    Line 4 Kero, Hartman/Hayden, Wingels/Bouma

Yes, I thnk Hayden can play on the 2nd line. His game is similar to Hartman and Panik. He's a better playmaker and smarter too.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov