Thread: Ethics question

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ethics question

So, I completed a trade sending Rask away from my team last night. It hasn't gone through yet. Now he gets injured today. Should I contact the other guy and take it back? Or is it a done deal? Thoughts please.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Ethics question

Done deal. Super nice of you to consider taking it back but injuries happen. Rask may even turn out to be fine when the dust settles.

Dobber Sports Jedi

nope, deal is a deal. if the injury happened one day later - what's the diff? it sucks, but it is what it is. Rask will return.. at some point
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

It's a keeper league and Rask will be back. I would let it go as it is. It sucks for him but a deal is a deal in my eyes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

As mentioned there is no ethics dilemma here. This happens all the time with trades.

Think of it this way. If he got a season ending injury the day before the trade the other GM would back out, and rightfully so. It's luck of the draw as far as injuries go with trades.

The only exception I would say was if you had inside information on an injury and how severe it is before its made public (you worked for a team). Doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Done deal. Nice of you to consider taking it back though.

Dobber Sports Monster

I'd say a done deal as well. Very nice of you to consider taking the trade back or re-working it. Not many managers are as courteous as you are.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think it’s probably done, I’m trying to figure out how it is a completed trade but yet hasn’t went through.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wasn't really thinking about backing out. I was more wondering what everyone else thought. Thanks for the thoughts. It was right in line with my thinking.

Dobber Sports Master

Can you tell us more about the trade process? How does it become official? Were the negotiations handled via the website, text message, phone call?

I usually like to maintain a good trading rapport with all managers, especially if it is a keeper league. Making a trading relationship go sour over a small trade, isn't how I like to operate. Unless it really hurts your team to do so, I would consider making the offer to reverse the trade. The other GM might say no, we made a deal, but he will really appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Can you tell us more about the trade process? How does it become official? Were the negotiations handled via the website, text message, phone call?

I usually like to maintain a good trading rapport with all managers, especially if it is a keeper league. Making a trading relationship go sour over a small trade, isn't how I like to operate. Unless it really hurts your team to do so, I would consider making the offer to reverse the trade. The other GM might say no, we made a deal, but he will really appreciate it.
    It's with yahoo, so we send offers and counters back and forth. Then when we accept, there's a 2 day waiting period. So, it was accepted last night by both teams. Just doesn't go through until like Thursday night or whatever.