Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Andersen vs. Caps

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Andersen vs. Caps

So... being last place in GAA and Sv%... would it be wise to sit Andersen vs. Washington tonight? The way the Caps are playing tied in with the way Andersen is playing can spell disaster. Although, Toronto seems to up their game vs Washington. In any event, can't keep taking 5 bombs with Andersen and Price, however I could use the W. That's of course if they win. In Washington no less...

Thought's?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Andersen vs. Caps

Andersen could get you the win, but could also give up 4 in doing so. Proceed with caution.

The Great One

You're already last...nowhere to go but up. Or further down? Washington did just loose to the Flyers 8-2...I'd say start him.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    You're already last...nowhere to go but up. Or further down? Washington did just loose to the Flyers 8-2...I'd say start him.
    .882 SV% and .361 GAA. It can get better or worse. I know it's early but these holes are tough to climb out of.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Andersen could get you the win, but could also give up 4 in doing so. Proceed with caution.
    Need the W but these peripheral holes aren't gonna be easy to get out of. Even this early.

Dobber Sports Deity

If it's option, I'd let him ride your pine but only if you don't need the starts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If it's option, I'd let him ride your pine but only if you don't need the starts.
    Hi could use the win, but not at the expense of five goals against

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I plan to start Andersen(TOR) tonight on my one-year DobberPRO team.

We don't talk about it enough, but the Matt Niskanen loss (LTIR) is a huge one for the Caps.
    I think it will have a major impact on the entire team performance, especially because they've had to plug a rookie (Bowey) into that spot... and he doesn't seem ready.
    It's going to affect both the shots they give up and the offense they generate out of their own zone.

I think we (as a fantasy hockey community) overlook it because we see a healthy WAS-forward group, Carlson, Orlov... everything's fine, right?
    No - I don't think it will be. I think they'll struggle, especially against teams with higher-firepower.

They pretty much don't have a top-tier D-pairing any more.
    When you hear MacLellan say things like:
    I’d like to get [Jonas] Siegenthaler up and take a look at him, too
    ... that's when you know the D is thin and in tough shape.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rk-trade-talk/

The Great One

He shouldn't need the starts...its roto not H2H.

I feel your pain...notice my Yahoo team has the same two Gs you have and they have not had a good start with the rate stats. I'm starting both tonight. The only way to climb out of the hole is get quality starts. The other teams in your league aren't really going to come down to you if you sit there. The way I see it we are hosed right now and the only to get out of it is to start our #1 guys and wait for the inevitable recovery to normal. With the way the NHL is these days they are very few (or pretty much zero) slam dunk starts any more. Both the games against the (Karlsson-less) Sens this weekend probably had the Smith and Talbot owners thinking they should have the win. That didn't really work out. Roto is all about the season long averages for these goalies. Tying to make opponent related decisions every start generally doesn't help in the long run.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    So... being last place in GAA and Sv%... would it be wise to sit Andersen vs. Washington tonight? The way the Caps are playing tied in with the way Andersen is playing can spell disaster. Although, Toronto seems to up their game vs Washington. In any event, can't keep taking 5 bombs with Andersen and Price, however I could use the W. That's of course if they win. In Washington no less...

Thought's?
    i have the same dilemma. It looks like this year dressing Andersen might be like the Oilers of the 70’s & early 80’s...lots of wins 8-6 & 7-5. I’ve decided, until things level out, to dress him “judiciously”, and tonight, against the Caps, is not one of those times.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I plan to start Andersen(TOR) tonight on my one-year DobberPRO team.

We don't talk about it enough, but the Matt Niskanen loss (LTIR) is a huge one for the Caps.
    I think it will have a major impact on the entire team performance, especially because they've had to plug a rookie (Bowey) into that spot... and he doesn't seem ready.
    It's going to affect both the shots they give up and the offense they generate out of their own zone.

I think we (as a fantasy hockey community) overlook it because we see a healthy WAS-forward group, Carlson, Orlov... everything's fine, right?
    No - I don't think it will be. I think they'll struggle, especially against teams with higher-firepower.

They pretty much don't have a top-tier D-pairing any more.
    When you hear MacLellan say things like:
    I’d like to get [Jonas] Siegenthaler up and take a look at him, too
    ... that's when you know the D is thin and in tough shape.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rk-trade-talk/
    Not for nothing but these are great points here. If I'm correct, I think Toronto beat Washington in the regular season series last year? Not exactly sure on that, but that's what I was under the impression of. If he gets blown out, then it won't come as a surprise. I guess the question becomes, should we be sitting our best goalies for match ups this early in the season? I guess the next question after that becomes, how bad is your goals-against average and save percentage?...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parky777 View Post
    i have the same dilemma. It looks like this year dressing Andersen might be like the Oilers of the 70’s & early 80’s...lots of wins 8-6 & 7-5. I’ve decided, until things level out, to dress him “judiciously”, and tonight, against the Caps, is not one of those times.
    It's scary... I can't lie.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He shouldn't need the starts...its roto not H2H.

I feel your pain...notice my Yahoo team has the same two Gs you have and they have not had a good start with the rate stats. I'm starting both tonight. The only way to climb out of the hole is get quality starts. The other teams in your league aren't really going to come down to you if you sit there. The way I see it we are hosed right now and the only to get out of it is to start our #1 guys and wait for the inevitable recovery to normal. With the way the NHL is these days they are very few (or pretty much zero) slam dunk starts any more. Both the games against the (Karlsson-less) Sens this weekend probably had the Smith and Talbot owners thinking they should have the win. That didn't really work out. Roto is all about the season long averages for these goalies. Tying to make opponent related decisions every start generally doesn't help in the long run.
    I am inclined to agree with what your saying here. It's still extremely early in the season and I don't want to get buried in the wins too early either. I don't expect a low-scoring game, but the win would be nice. If they get trounced, then that's just a bigger hole I need to dig myself out of. Still undecided on what to do here? I never thought my rate stats would be what they are when I drafted these two.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

FWIW, LWL has the game as a 71(TOR)-29(WAS) split... which means Vegas odds heavily favor Toronto (probably based on the Niskanen injury, which spread-makers will be hip to).
    I had thought LWL's 100pt split scores are auto-generated on Vegas odds... but perhaps they auto-pull from recent game production & mix with team quality for win%.

I'm not sure why Columbus has a 75-25 split against Winnipeg tonight... maybe purely on Bob's peripherals.

Of note, this site has WAS as a fave (-150) and the CBJ/WPG game as even:
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/las-vegas/

The Great One

FWIW, LWL has...

I'm not sure why Columbus has a 75-25 split against Winnipeg tonight... maybe purely on Bob's peripherals.

That's because the odds makers also know that Paul Maurice is still the coach in Winnipeg...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Initiate

FWIW, LWL has the game as a 71(TOR)-29(WAS) split... which means Vegas odds heavily favor Toronto (probably based on the Niskanen injury, which spread-makers will be hip to).
    I had thought LWL's 100pt split scores are auto-generated on Vegas odds... but perhaps they auto-pull from recent game production & mix with team quality for win%.

Of note, this site has WAS as a fave (-150) and the CBJ/WPG game as even:
    Eff it. I'll just roll them and hope for the best. Whatever it is it is. Really appreciate you guys taking the time to give me these replies which of been very helpful. Thank you and please? Pray for Andersen tonight 😂