Thread: Patrick Bergeron Update

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Patrick Bergeron Update

For those in leagues esp with FOWs heres the latest:

Joe HaggertyVerified account @HackswithHaggs 16h16 hours agoMore

Patrice Bergeron again doesn't practice w/team today, Bruins are expected to miss their best player for more games

GLENDALE, Arizona ? Patrice Bergeron hopped on the bench for the end of Bruins practice at the Gila River Arena home of the Arizona Coyotes, but it was just the 32-year-old getting a head start on a post-practice skate on his own. While head coach Bruce Cassidy wouldn?t rule Bergeron out for this weekend?s games vs. the Coyotes and Golden Knights, the Bruins do-it-all center looks like he?ll miss the weekend with the mysterious lower-body injury that?s already caused him to miss the three games of the season.
    It?s been weeks since Bergeron was able to go through a full-tilt practice with the Bruins, and that will have to change before No. 37 is going to get tossed back into games. Cassidy wouldn?t completely rule out a miracle in the desert with Bergeron somehow being able to play, but it doesn?t sound like that?s in the cards for him.
    MORE:

?He?s out there skating [on his own] so that?s a good sign, but obviously not being able to participate in practice you?re always concerned that you need one of those good practices before you can play. It doesn?t look like he?ll be in, but I don?t want to get ahead of myself,? said Cassidy. ?It hurts. He?s arguably our best player night in and night out. He makes people around him better and we use him in all situations.
    ?We need to find somebody else to go in and do [the job]. It?s that simple. I?ll do that on the phone with my wife tonight. I?ll complain about missing him, but now he?s not in. So it?s next man up. I know it sounds simple, but we have to have guys in that locker room that are going to get hungry and respond to that challenge.?
    So far Riley Nash and Ryan Spooner have skated in place of the injured Bergeron, and neither one has been able to adequately fill in for the four-time Selke Trophy winner.
    Kevan Miller left practice early after taking a puck off the top of his right knee and was helped back to the dressing room in a scary-looking scene. Cassidy said afterward it might have been a case of Miller?s leg simply going dead after taking the shot off the knee, but it looked like he had dodged a bullet and was going to be okay. With Bergeron expected to miss a couple more games this weekend, here are the line combos and D-pairings with Austin Czarnik potentially replacing Ryan Spooner as third-line center in the game night lineup:

Marchand-Nash-Pastrnak
    DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
    Beleskey-Czarnik/Spooner-Vatrano
    Schaller-Kuraly-Heinen
    White

Chara-Carlo
    Krug-McQuaid
    Miller-McAvoy
    Postma

Khudobin
    Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Patrick Bergeron Update

His sports hernia surgery + this mysterious lower body injury worried me (potential for nagging issues, more games missed, more surgery) so I packaged him out in a trade ASAP. Bruins definitely don't look good without him around either.

Y! 13 Team Roto (Keep 3 - Yr 3) - G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%, SVS
    C(2): , Trocheck, Horvat, McTavish (LW)
    LW(2): Stützle (C), DeBrincat (RW), Hagel (RW),
    RW(2): Pastrňák, Nylander, Konecny (LW)
    D(4): Montour, Letang, Werenski, Andersson, Mintyukov
    UTIL(1):
    G(2): Samsonov, Husso, Talbot, Lyon
    IR+(2):

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by the_faceO_o View Post
    His sports hernia surgery + this mysterious lower body injury worried me (potential for nagging issues, more games missed, more surgery) so I packaged him out in a trade ASAP. Bruins definitely don't look good without him around either.
    What did u get for him?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    What did u get for him?
    Got Stamkos, Voracek, and Phaneuf for Bergeron and Rask. Risky to part with a G, but I think this was a good return.

Y! 13 Team Roto (Keep 3 - Yr 3) - G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%, SVS
    C(2): , Trocheck, Horvat, McTavish (LW)
    LW(2): Stützle (C), DeBrincat (RW), Hagel (RW),
    RW(2): Pastrňák, Nylander, Konecny (LW)
    D(4): Montour, Letang, Werenski, Andersson, Mintyukov
    UTIL(1):
    G(2): Samsonov, Husso, Talbot, Lyon
    IR+(2):