Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samuel Girard

The Great One

Default Re: Samuel Girard

What Axe said...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your input.
    Glad to see Girard keeps getting points this weekend.
    Guess we will just have to wait and see how this turns out.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Maybe it'll give him something to strive for. I think they've already sent him a good indication of how valuable he is to them by putting him on PP1 in his first games, and Laviolette heaped a lot of praise on him for making big plays.

His development would probably go better if he was D1 in the minors than D5-6 in the NHL
    It is very very very unlikely that going back to junior and playing a role he's already dominated against weak competition will be better for his development than playing on an NHL third pair against NHL competition and practicing in an NHL environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They dont send these kids back "just because". They send them back because they already have other guys signed to NHL contracts and only have so many roster spots available and the Preds don't have the same options on those players like they do with Girard. Girard is there due to injuries to those NHL players. None of us, including the Predators brain trust, expected Girard to play this well at this point.

How many times have we wrote how stupid the NHL rule is that doesn't allow the teams to send these kids down to the AHL instead of back to Jr due to their age to help their development?
    Irwin or Weber are so good that you'd really panic about losing one of them on waivers? That doesn't seem accurate. It's not like they have NMC. It's a bad message regardless of what the reason is, even if it is "easier" to send Girard to junior than it is to send Weber to the AHL.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Now that Girard is in Colorado...I wonder how this story goes? Will be interesting to see what happens with this kid moving forward to a team with waaaayyyy more opportunity.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nuck Chorris View Post
    Now that Girard is in Colorado...I wonder how this story goes? Will be interesting to see what happens with this kid moving forward to a team with waaaayyyy more opportunity.
    I think he'll shine in Colorado. Barrie is the only other offensively talented D-man in Colorado right now, so Girard will have plenty of opportunities to shine there.

Eventually, having both Girard and Makar in Colorado will probably allow them to trade Barrie.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am going to pick this prospect up before he plays his first game for Avs. Bit of desperation, ya.

Who thinks he can stick the whole year?
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    I am going to pick this prospect up before he plays his first game for Avs. Bit of desperation, ya.

Who thinks he can stick the whole year?
    I think he stays, or at least he's given every opportunity to stay. They just gave up a major piece to get him so he'll get some "golden boy" status. If anything they'll send him back close to mid-season if the team falls off the map.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/929066076171919360

Samuel Girard is on the Avalanche's first power play unit with MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen and Barrie.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

wow.. being given a golden opportunity right off the hop.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Looks that way.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

No surprise really considering Colorado is a one-line team and they don't really have any talent besides that top four of MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen and Barrie.

But they really need to push EJ out of PP, so hopefully they split Girard and Barrie to different units to do that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He has looked good out there so far.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    He has looked good out there so far.
    Im happy with my new pickup, albeit only 2 periods in, lots of ice time and a secondary assist, I'll take it.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    As I often do, I started looking at Girard's junior numbers, and I'm very impressed with them. The 'Q' hasn't produced many fantasy worthy prospects during the past few years but here are the ones I managed to find.

If we utilize NHLe, we can add more comparables from the OHL and the WHL, so here's what those numbers look like.

And it's not like it was just one strong season - his age-18 season was very strong as well.

Of course there are names like DeAngelo, Quenneville and Pouliot very high in these charts as well, so as we all know, just because you have great junior numbers doesn't mean you'll automatically become a great NHL player. But I think it does say something about his upside, and I was impressed with the way he handled himself in his first NHL game. I wish I had been more aware of him before the season started because I don't own him in any of my fantasy leagues and now I'm starting to wish I had him in all of them.
    Nice summary JP - thanks for digging this info up. I own Girard in two of my dynasty pools and just moved him up to my active roster in one league after his trade as I think COL will keep him for the season or at the very least, give him every opportunity to succeed.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Would you drop mike matheson for him? This year only? Also, I have only 4 fa pick ups left for the ROS.