Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Samuel Girard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Samuel Girard

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    Im happy with my new pickup, albeit only 2 periods in, lots of ice time and a secondary assist, I'll take it.
    It may have been just a secondary assist but he made that whole play, so it definitely wasn't one of those lucky secondary assists.

He made some mistakes but Colorado will probably let him learn at the NHL level because they don't have much else to get excited about on that blueline.

Dobber Sports Jedi

21:55 TOI; 1:58PPT; 0SOG; 2H... decent 1st game... TOI is a big plus.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Could have had an assist on the last COL goal too but they passed it through the three forwards to get the empty net tap in. Too bad for him third assists aren't recorded.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

COL targeted him in that trade so it's not as if the kid was a throw in. He's talented and will have a ton of opportunity to prove himself.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Should I expect this kid to start scoring and add him soon?

I have a defenseman slot and some available guys are Montour, Girard, Myers, Phaneuf, Lindell,
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post

I have a defenseman slot and some available guys are Montour, Girard, Myers, Phaneuf, Lindell,
    He's not really head and shoulders above the other options available there. Not this season anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He's not really head and shoulders above the other options available there. Not this season anyways.
    He'll get a lot of opportunities in Colorado because he was the main piece they received for Duchene, so they want to make sure that trade looks good. But the Avalanche as a team isn't all that good so they probably won't score a lot of goals going forward. Girard's shot isn't very good and he also doesn't seem to shoot all that often (10 SOG in 7 GP), so pretty much all his points come from assists. If his team isn't scoring, he's not going to get a lot of points.

So as Eskimo Brother said, I'd probably look at other options short-term. His situation just isn't all that great until the Avalanche start improving as a team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Since joining the Avalanche Girard has played 21:55, 22:39, and 21:32 last night with 2 assists in that span. Not bad. Seems the opportunity is there and he is fitting in the top 4 well. Hopefully this continues for all us Girard owners!
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He'll get a lot of opportunities in Colorado because he was the main piece they received for Duchene, so they want to make sure that trade looks good. But the Avalanche as a team isn't all that good so they probably won't score a lot of goals going forward. Girard's shot isn't very good and he also doesn't seem to shoot all that often (10 SOG in 7 GP), so pretty much all his points come from assists. If his team isn't scoring, he's not going to get a lot of points.

So as Eskimo Brother said, I'd probably look at other options short-term. His situation just isn't all that great until the Avalanche start improving as a team.

Avs looking way better to me after the Duchene trade - Mackinnon seems a new man and same with Landes. Nice Assist last night, looked bit like Butcher. These days, you dont need a hard shot from the point, just get it to the net anyway you can. He seems to have a decent one timer. Liking what I see so far.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    Avs looking way better to me after the Duchene trade - Mackinnon seems a new man and same with Landes. Nice Assist last night, looked bit like Butcher. These days, you dont need a hard shot from the point, just get it to the net anyway you can. He seems to have a decent one timer. Liking what I see so far.
    Their top line is really carrying the team, and when that line eventually goes quiet, so will the rest of their team. I don't see anyone else on that team stepping up when their top line isn't scoring anymore.

You don't need a hard shot but you need to actually shoot the puck, otherwise everyone will start taking away your passing lanes because they know you're not going to shoot. You need to have that shot threat to open up passing lanes.

I really like him as a player but teams will adjust to him and they'll eventually adjust to that top line as well, and that's why I don't see 40+ points from him this season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I recently nabbed him and hoping he can get some more shot volume and gel on that top PP unit.
    12 Team Rotto Keeper League (Keep 10)

Positions: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G, 5 extra
    Player Stats: G, A, Points, Hits, Blocks, SOG, PPP, SHP, Corsi
    Goalie Stats: GAA, SV%, SV, SO, Wins

Center: Matthews
    Right: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Pastrnak
    Left: Gaudreau
    Defense: Chabot, Letang, Provorov
    Goalies: Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

keep in mind barrie was injured during the games in sweden. do they both get on PP1 when barrie is healthy?
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    keep in mind barrie was injured during the games in sweden. do they both get on PP1 when barrie is healthy?
    Barrie was playing in the Sweden games, he played over 22 minutes in each game. They were both on the 1st PP unit because Colorado has no talent besides those 5 who play on the 1st PP.