Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sergachev

The Great One

Default Re: Sergachev

As others have speculated his play doesn’t warrant him staying up right now so something needs to change for him quickly if he is to stay.... but the puck still helps as it’s an asset
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Im a sergachev owner and I have been watching him play - is it just me or is he slow and lumbering and has a huge long windup for a slap shot. I dont see him being that great other than he is big - mind you he has been clobbered by big hits more than any player so far this season. Doesnt seem to get hurt.

Im plannin to drop him to take a flyer on Kyle Conner.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Icon

Sergachev looked good last night. His QBing of the PP2 unit on the Palat goal was excelllent, and his defensive play in his zone directly led to one of the early goals.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He's going to be incredible.
    Drouin for Sergachev was a future superstar for a future superstar.
    These kids these days are so incredibly fluid on their skates, great passers, great hockey IQ.
    Scouting rarely misses (they still do) any more.
    He's gonna be fantastic - I'm still not convinced that TB needs to keep him up... they are off to such a fine start that they can cruise to East playoffs, even without him (IMO).

And the Stralman-Serg pairing is working really well... and so is Hedman-Dotchin.
    TB has a really, really good thing going right now.

The tough part for Yzerman... is that IF he sends him back... he risks looking like an idiot if the 2nd pairing bombs and TB starts losing.
    It's a win-win (or lose-lose) for TB/Yzerman, depending on how you look at it.

But yeah, there's some fantastic looking kids joining top 4 D pairing this year.

(One we don't speak about yet much, because he's playing very vanilla, is Robert Hagg - who has been logging solid minutes for PHI and is +6 in his last three games.)

Dobber Sports Icon

Good piece on the Sergachev decision: http://www.tbo.com/sports/hockey/lig...medium=twitter

UPDATE: Windsor Spitfires GM was interviewed and said he's pretty sure Sergachev is never coming back.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Good piece on the Sergachev decision: http://www.tbo.com/sports/hockey/lig...medium=twitter

UPDATE: Windsor Spitfires GM was interviewed and said he's pretty sure Sergachev is never coming back.
    thats a great article, I was to late on K Conner goodthing as Serg went on tear. I suppose next question might be "do I sell high", nahhh, lets see many games he gets in this season. TB is so cheap, surely they will send him down?
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    thats a great article, I was to late on K Conner goodthing as Serg went on tear. I suppose next question might be "do I sell high", nahhh, lets see many games he gets in this season. TB is so cheap, surely they will send him down?
    I really can't see how he gets sent down. See the rest of this thread for the analysis, but he'll be too useful a player in the regular season, and especially in the playoffs, and that will be worth burning the first year of UFA eligibility and foregoing the conditional 2nd rounder from the Drouin deal.

I too believe now is not the time to trade Sergachev - he's put up 6 points and solid peripherals through 8 games, with 12 minutes of TOI, imagine if they start bumping that up to 14, 16, 18, etc? Sky's the limit with this kid, and his trade value will follow - I still think a forecast of 35 pts max for this year makes sense despite the hot start, but after this year it's gangbusters.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah, I've come all the way around on Sergachev.
    I think he fits well in the NHL - especially since he pairs so well with the veteran Stralman from the last few games I've watched.
    He'll still make some mistakes, but the East is ripe for the taking and TB is apt to take it if Sergachev has 80 NHL gp under his belt by playoff-time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He now has more points that Drouin.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sometimes the best move you make is the one you don't make. Blind luck trumps skill sometimes.

I love the Drouin points comparison - thats got to hurt a bunch for Cdn fans. Thanks all.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Serg ain't going anywhere. #beast
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4