Thread: " will rep "

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default " will rep "

Sorry, I have been coming to this site a long time, love the insite, but please tell me
    what does " will rep " mean one some posts, thank you, I'm really sure its obvious , but .....
    Kucherov , Pastrnak , Guentzel Miller, Rantanen
    Teravainen , Cirelli, Nelson , Konecny

Ekblad, Girard, Pionk, Parayko , Graves

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck , Korpisalo

FARM TEAM --Brannstrom, Drysdale

League Champion-2007-08,2008-09 , 2015-16, 2017-18

Scoring is, G,A,PTS, PPG, PPA, GWG, +/-, SHOTS, GOALIE, W, SAVE %, GAA, SHUTOUT
    12 TEAM H2H, TOTAL KEEPER, NO SALARY CAP.
    ROSTERS-NEED TO START- 6 FOWARDS,4 DEE,2 GOALIES
    6 BENCH PLAYERS.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: " will rep "

It's a bit like begging for extra help, or screaming "HELP, PLEASE - WANT LOTS OF RESPONSES TO MY THREAD!"
    Just below any given post is some icons, including a little Police-Badge-6-Pointed-Star-Icon.
    If you find somebody's post helpful, you can click that icon and send somebody a note ("Thank You") that shows up visually as little green/yellow icons on top right of a member's post, with their location and "status" icon.
    Eventually a bunch of collected dark green, light green, yellow cards get full (15) and become a bronze badge. etc.
    I think most of us dig the post-count icon/title more than anything. It's all there for fun of hitting new benchmarks as a forum member.

These days... "REP" doesn't really mean anything here on the forums.
    It's a pretty tight-knit community and nobody bangs their drum about how much rep they have - which is good.
    I don't actually think anybody responds to a thread simply to get the "rep" (points).
    People realize that "will rep" basically means "I really want some help & responses with my thread".
    (OPs usually still hand out the "rep" - but I honestly don't think anybody really shows up just to get the rep.)

As summary:
    If somebody really, really needs help with their thread & wants a lot of responses - adding "will rep" in the title might pull responders in.
    Consider it a "grand-fathered" term for drawing responses into a thread.
    Personally, I'm also OK with somebody saying NEED HELP (all in caps, that would convey the urgency of it too).
    In my books - everybody should be allowed one or two beggings/HELP-cries/"will reps" during a year.

Hope that explains it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Everyone gets REP power. See to the right of each post up bu where their logo is. You will see there Rep Power, and a bunch of green/yellow squares. The Rep Power is how much 'Rep' that poster can give someone. and the colored squares and other shapes are the amount of REP that poster has received from other members.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

thank you
    Kucherov , Pastrnak , Guentzel Miller, Rantanen
    Teravainen , Cirelli, Nelson , Konecny

Ekblad, Girard, Pionk, Parayko , Graves

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck , Korpisalo

FARM TEAM --Brannstrom, Drysdale

League Champion-2007-08,2008-09 , 2015-16, 2017-18

Scoring is, G,A,PTS, PPG, PPA, GWG, +/-, SHOTS, GOALIE, W, SAVE %, GAA, SHUTOUT
    12 TEAM H2H, TOTAL KEEPER, NO SALARY CAP.
    ROSTERS-NEED TO START- 6 FOWARDS,4 DEE,2 GOALIES
    6 BENCH PLAYERS.

Dobber Sports Titan

as per usual P7 hits the nail on the head.

I'm guilty of saying "will rep" as some incentive to get me some help.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't blame anyone for using the "will rep" thing but I usually ignore those thread myself since I'm just assuming others will post there, so I don't need to. But that's just me and if it helps people getting more responses, then why not use it.

Dobber Sports Stud

I tend to ignore the rep system altogether unless I find a very insightful post.

People hand it out like candy if they feel like it, but it defeats the purpose to me.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Banned

Nice reasoning. Actually like the relevance of the phrase - relevant in that it can actually mean anything.