Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Price and Andersen :(

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Price and Andersen :(

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I really dislike these early season posts where people freak out over bad starts with proven players. Sigh.... it really hurt Forsberg's numbers last year. Hell Andersen started WORSE than this last year before becoming a must start Goalie in the second half.

If your stars are going to shit the bed statistically. October is when and where you want it. NOT March April when you're heading to the playoffs. Be thankful this is October.
    Sorry to upset you! J/k... i'm really not freaking out at all. I totally understand what you're saying and I don't disagree with you. Hold tight and be patient. Only a fool would sell these guys right now. Just really wanted to get a pulse reading on what everybody thought about how they've started and how their teams look. I'm no pro? But I'm not new either. I won't lie, these teams have been atrocious defensively.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Peng7 is likely right about Andersen (near elite wins with sub par peripherals) and Price will likely be the opposite with elite peripherals and struggling to reach 40 wins.
    This is what I had in mind when I drafted them. Here's to hoping it works out that way! 🍻

Dobber Sports Monster

I own Andersen and yes the start hurts.

In Toronto Babcock is trying out a couple of rookie dmen. Last night in particular they hurt the team on a few occasions. Several of the goals on Andersen could not be stopped so for his part hes doing fine. When Carrick gets back and Babcock gets them straightened out they should slowly lower their GAA.

I'm not a fan of the Mtl defence (who is) but they will make it work by leaning on their top guys. I also think they may lean on Price even more this year because a lot of jobs may rely on him. As a result he probably will put up elite stats by the end of the season - I can't see it any other way.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Sorry to upset you! J/k... i'm really not freaking out at all. I totally understand what you're saying and I don't disagree with you. Hold tight and be patient. Only a fool would sell these guys right now. Just really wanted to get a pulse reading on what everybody thought about how they've started and how their teams look. I'm no pro? But I'm not new either. I won't lie, these teams have been atrocious defensively.
    Tor won their 1st 3 games with a porous D... they can only get better. Similar to last year, although they have a better record to show for it. They'll both end up top 10 goalies in the league this year. hopefully your offence is good enough right now to give you 5-5-5 ish splits in your H2H matchups and ride out the rough starts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Tor won their 1st 3 games with a porous D... they can only get better. Similar to last year, although they have a better record to show for it. They'll both end up top 10 goalies in the league this year. hopefully your offence is good enough right now to give you 5-5-5 ish splits in your H2H matchups and ride out the rough starts.
    I can see that happening (hopefully). I'm in roto though bud.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I own Andersen and yes the start hurts.

In Toronto Babcock is trying out a couple of rookie dmen. Last night in particular they hurt the team on a few occasions. Several of the goals on Andersen could not be stopped so for his part hes doing fine. When Carrick gets back and Babcock gets them straightened out they should slowly lower their GAA.

I'm not a fan of the Mtl defence (who is) but they will make it work by leaning on their top guys. I also think they may lean on Price even more this year because a lot of jobs may rely on him. As a result he probably will put up elite stats by the end of the season - I can't see it any other way.
    It's been the same for Montreal for a while now hasn't it? They don't boast the best lineup, but they scratch and claw and find a way to get it done. I think the loss of Emelin and Beaulieu are hurting them bad right now. Alzner was a good grab but those two were big losses to the D IMO.

I agree with you. I think they will definitely start leaning more on their top guys. We all know these numbers will improve, you just don't want to get buried in the rate stats columns to the point where it's too difficult to get out.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    I can see that happening (hopefully). I'm in roto though bud.
    have to go back to your OP to see your sig. I'm not seeing it on any post afterward. my bad
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

have to go back to your OP to see your sig. I'm not seeing it on any post afterward. my bad
    All good man