Thread: Hell Boy Spot Start - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hell Boy Spot Start - I'll Rep

My goaltending I thought going into the season was pretty strong, albeit I understood Mtl and Boston were not powerhouses, plus my league is wins/shutouts based, not peripherals. I'm 1-5 so far in the 6 games I've used, Price is 1-3 and Rask is 0-2. The only game I didn't start Rask was opening night when both he and Price were playing. I don't plan to keep alternating between goalies, because then i'll burn through my games quicker. I am open to spot starting here or there, but our new system is all based on waiver order now, so I can put a claim in for a guy starting the next night, but whether I get him depends on if someone else puts in a claim/is higher in the order. Once you make a successful claim, you drop to the bottom and as other teams make claims, you move back up. It's diff than our system last year where free agents weren't based on waiver order, unless you were picking up a guy that was dropped, you had to make a waiver claim, but could do it right away. I would take 3 days before you found out if successful, but now it's 2 days before you can make claim, 1 day before you find out if successful. Whereas last year if I tried to add a guy that was just a free agent and hadn't been dropped, it was first come first serve basically, and a limit of 5 add drops/week. I could basically add a guy, and he would be on my roster right away.

There was a lot of streaming, so the new system encourages more planning ahead.

Having said all of that, I used my #1 claim to pick up Kreider (w/o having to drop anyone), since I have Boeser in my rookie slot which allowed me to add another player once the draft was done. That slot works like IR. Boeser isn't even playing right now, so not like I feel guilty having him inactive, or have a decision to make or anything regarding activating him.

Is Hellebuyck worth a spot start tomorrow in Vancouver? Other free agent goalies available are Fleury and Saros. I don't think Saros is playing tomorrow, but he projects to be a nice back-up for the rest of the year, but maybe not worth rostering full time. I expect Vegas to slow down, so not sure that i'm interested in Fleury, plus Veg isn't playing tomorrow so spot start isn't relevant.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

The Great One

Default Re: Hell Boy Spot Start - I'll Rep

Is it not a bit early to start burning through games?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Hell Boy Spot Start - I'll Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Is it not a bit early to start burning through games?
    It's 82 games you have, and neither guy is going to play 82 games, so I still have to make up 15-20 starts basically (assuming Price/Rask start 60-65 games). I can be a bit more conservative, but Boston played Colorado twice, and I thought Mtl had a good chance to beat the Rangers. The only questionable starts were Price @ Wash and home vs Chic. The timing of the Chicago game was such that Chicago was B2B and Mtl had rested and it was their home opener.

I crushed it in goaltending last year with Price/Dubnyk, and traded Dubnyk later in the season and came pretty close to a goalie pts record still for our league (this is our 10th year). I did stream a decent amount last year. I also benched starters in certain spots, and then sometimes it came back to bite me, so this year i'm being a bit more aggressive.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax