Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Yak back?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Is Yak back?

A goal and assist so far tonight puts Yakupov at 5 points in 4 games. Just a blip or is he returning to fantasy relevance? Obviously he's not a point a game player, but do you think he could return to the 50 point pace of his rookie season?
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Is Yak back?

The Colorado situation is good for him because they've got nothing to lose inserting him on a scoring line, whereas that would be a major risk for a more established team. I don't think 50 points is out of the question here if Colorado doesn't fall into another black hole this season.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He had a good few first games last year.

Dobber Sports Monster

He's in a good spot to be productive in Colorado. I think he will have a good year; hope for 50 but for now it would be more realistic to expect a 35-45 point range which would be great for him at this stage. I havent seen his play much this year but I have read some Avs writers takes and they seem impressed with his play so far.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

He always seems to start off the season hot then slows right now. In 15/16 he scored 10 pts in 11 games, in 16/17 he scored 4 pts in 6 games.

Dobber Sports Stud

Haven't seen any live action myself but it does seem intruiging. Would you drop Sorokin for him?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would take a flier on him in a deeper league but that's about it.

The Great One

Is he back? When was he ever something in the NHL? Definitely worth a speculative add if potential 45-50 point players are rosters or
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Is he back? When was he ever something in the NHL? Definitely worth a speculative add if potential 45-50 point players are rosters or
    His rookie season under Ralph Krueger was actually pretty solid. His second year, after the "brain trust" of MacTavis and Lowe decided to fire Krueger (for no other reason than to hire Dallas Eakin) went to crap really quick after Eakin tried to force him to become something he wasn't and buried him on the 3rd line for it and he has never really got it going after that, anywhere.

This is really the first time since his rookie season that he has got top six, quality minutes and it's paying off to this point. 40-50 pts isn't out of the question if he can keep playing in a scoring role.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'll refrain from comment until Glatt gets here

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think he's going to have a productive year. No playing around for him now... If he fizzles out this year he can kiss his NHL career goodbye as he's out of chances. He actually needed this opportunity I believe... Somewhere that would allow him to play in the top 6 with a little bit of a longer leash. A contender isn't going to risk/waste the ice time with him as you saw in STL. Colorado is in need of a spark also... Welcome to the island of misfit toys

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I hope so. He was always fun to watch and still is. Kerfoot-Duchene-Yak are just out there having fun and playing like they don't give a sh*t about mistakes, probably because at least 2 of them don't.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've got him and Andrighetto available in one of my pools. I'm watching both very closely. The one thing about Yak's stat line - he's a +6.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I hope so. He was always fun to watch and still is. Kerfoot-Duchene-Yak are just out there having fun and playing like they don't give a sh*t about mistakes, probably because at least 2 of them don't.
    Yeah that line is great to watch.

Also of note, on the Avs PP2 (I guess as they both seem pretty evenly used) he is on the right circle ripping one-timers like he did in Jr.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

I'll refrain from comment until Glatt gets here
    Hahaha.

Stranger things have happened. Trump is the ****ing President so literally anything is possible these days. I personally wouldnt own Yak but if youre in a really deep league and you have a cycle spot on your roster for hot hands and speculative adds, it's early and it seems possible you could make an argument for trying him out.