Thread: Brodie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brodie

So far he's been the leading D man in terms of PP TOI over Giordano and Hamilton (also in total TOI). Is this gonna stick?
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Brodie

Early to tell. He was the front runner last season and seems to be business as usual this season. If I'm better he sees more pp time than the other two by the end of the season. I don't really get it but what do I know. I specifically avoided Calgary d men this year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Icon

As a Brodie owner, I'm thrilled that he's still getting the PP1 minutes. I suspect it's because there is a shift going on in the NHL away from setting up the big booming point shot and towards setting up forwards for one timers on either side, and so the premium is placed on the lone Dman (in the now standard 4 fwd 1 dman setup) being a great passer, which is Brodie's biggest strength next to his skating - so the coaching staff doesn't feel it needs Gio's booming shot back there. And Brodie has an underrated wrister that he knows how to get through to the net. Plus teams like to have two good PP units these days so it's bonus to have Gio or Hamilton on the 2nd unit. BTW Brodie looks like a completely different player this year, totally rejuvenated - bodes well for him getting back to 45+ point days and maybe even into 50 territory.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He'll lead in minutes as long as he plays PP1.
    I actually really like this set-up by CGY because they keep their top D-pairing together (on PP2, which is a 3F/2D).

There's no reason it won't stick. Brodie is very good.
    I do think we'll see Gio/Hamilton leaned on for more minutes when CGY is trailing... Gio/Hamilton will be better for chasing even-strength goals when needed.

But so far they've been "up" and getting lots of PP time.

At end of year, I'd expect all three of Gio/Hamilton/Brodie to be between 20-24min.
    With Hamilton on the lower-end because he doesn't do much PK work.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggr...sort=timeOnIce
    Of Note: Brodie has 4:28 PPTOI/GP so far, 4 games in. That's high for any PP1 unit, more likely that'll settle down to about 2:30-3min/gp. CGY has a had a lot of PP time.

Administrator

Calgary is in a good spot here. They have options so they can run with the hot hand. I don't believe he'll spend the whole year getting more looks than Gio and Hamilton though. They'll switch it around throughout the year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust