Thread: Which goalie and D pair do you prefer. This year only. (Rep and a new cool nickname.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which goalie and D pair do you prefer. This year only. (Rep and a new cool nickname.)

I need to upgrade at net and at D. Recently dropped streit for vrana, and Theodore is in the A.

I think I have two options. Currently have 1.25 mil cap space.

To do either I'm looking at dropping Nino and hellebyuck (after I give a few games to see if he can wrestle the starting job from mason.) in which case I might just dump Nino for a d man. Replacing him with vrana or hartnell

Best goalie available
    Freddy Andersen 5m plus one of these D.
    Michael stone. 3.5
    Edmundsson 1.05
    hamonic. 3.3
    Del zotto. 3

Holden. 1.64
    Manson. .825
    Hutton. 2.8
    Lindell. 2.2

Leaning towards Andersen and Lindell

Or

Lehner 4m and one of
    Brodie 4.65
    Muzzin. 4
    Larsson. 4.17

Any insight is greatly appreciated. I've see second place lose by under fifty points a few years in a row. It stays pretty tight in the smaller 9gm league.
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Which goalie and D pair do you prefer. This year only. (Rep and a new cool nickname.)

Andersen is the best player you mentioned, so I'd go with him and either Hutton or Lindell for the 'D' spot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Which goalie and D pair do you prefer. This year only. (Rep and a new cool nickname.)

You see there being that big of a difference between Andersen and lehner this year? Andersen is more steady, but in a full season they might not be that far apart. I'll look more into Hutton and Lindell, see if they are getting pp2.

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck

The Great One

Yea Andersen and anybody- the dropoff to Lehner is way too much to xconsider a marginal D upgrade.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfist138 View Post
    You see there being that big of a difference between Andersen and lehner this year? Andersen is more steady, but in a full season they might not be that far apart. I'll look more into Hutton and Lindell, see if they are getting pp2.
    I don't really trust Lehner to stay healthy. Maybe this is the season when he becomes a reliable starting goalie but I wouldn't want to gamble with that if I have the option to go with Andersen instead.

I think they're both getting PP2 minutes but Lindell's minutes may be more limited because Klingberg likes to stay out there on the PP. But the Dallas PP is probably better than the Vancouver PP.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think I'm leaning towards Lindell, pouliot and del zotto will likely eat into any bump Hutton would get from pp time .

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Andersen definitely between the goalies, is there a drop you can make to allow room for Andersen & Brodie?

If not Andersen & Lindell would be next best option.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Yea without the brutal slump to start the season I see Andersen clearing 35+ wins this year. I graduated him to tier 2 at the beginning of the year and Im sticking with that.

Thanks for the cool new nickname btw. Ive always wanted one my whole life- but nobody ever gives me one. I even came up with a backstory for it. I used to be a mild mannered accountant Buzzard- doing day trading on worms and real estate of which cars to sh*t on- when one stormy autumn day- disaster struck. My b*tch buzzard boss hit me with his truck. My only chance for survival was experimental surgery that came with the caveat that Id have to pay back the initial cost by heading a strike team of elite soldiers in matters of national buzzard security. They re-built me. Now I am...

The Bionic Buzzard!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yea without the brutal slump to start the season I see Andersen clearing 35+ wins this year. I graduated him to tier 2 at the beginning of the year and Im sticking with that.

Thanks for the cool new nickname btw. Ive always wanted one my whole life- but nobody ever gives me one. I even came up with a backstory for it. I used to be a mild mannered accountant Buzzard- doing day trading on worms and real estate of which cars to sh*t on- when one stormy autumn day- disaster struck. My b*tch buzzard boss hit me with his truck. My only chance for survival was experimental surgery that came with the caveat that Id have to pay back the initial cost by heading a strike team of elite soldiers in matters of national buzzard security. They re-built me. Now I am...

The Bionic Buzzard!!

Hahahahah! Yes! I should have been handing out nicknames for years!

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If I dropped pavelski and hellebyuck I could pick up Brodie and Andersen

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I don't really trust Lehner to stay healthy. Maybe this is the season when he becomes a reliable starting goalie but I wouldn't want to gamble with that if I have the option to go with Andersen instead.

I think they're both getting PP2 minutes but Lindell's minutes may be more limited because Klingberg likes to stay out there on the PP. But the Dallas PP is probably better than the Vancouver PP.
    Thanks, I have to spread rep around before I get to you. But your new cool nickname is

Hombre Explosivo!!!

Use current cap.

G- hellebuyck