Thread: Sorokin vs Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Sorokin vs Shestyorkin

If you had to choose between the two long term, who would you go with? Which do you think comes over to the NHL? And if the answer is both, then who would you want in a dynasty league?
    I know Russians are impossible to predict, but pretend you are me and are planning on choosing between the two. I don't know why, but I got a gut feeling that SHestyorkin might stick around in the KHL while Sorokin will come to the NHL when his contract expires in a few years .
    Or should I just ignore them both and take Vilardi if he is available (which he might be)? League heavily favors goalie stats, though, and these are the last two blue chip goalie prospects left.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Sorokin vs Shestyorkin

Sorokin has been the better goalie for the past two years but Shestyorkin has really found a new level this season when the door opened for him because of Koskinen being out injured/sick. Shestyorkin's stats are amazing but he's playing behind an NHL level team and playing against mostly AHL and ECHL level teams, so it's impossible to say how good he actually is. Sorokin's team isn't as good but it's still one of the better teams in the league.

I think they can both become starting goalies in the NHL but I have no idea if they'll actually ever leave Russia. They'll get a lot of money by staying in Russia because they are among the best goalies in the entire league. NHL teams can only offer ELC money, so that gives advantage to the KHL.

Because of the uncertainty, I'd go with Vilardi in your shoes.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Sorokin vs Shestyorkin

thanks JP, I took your advice and went with vilardi. I didn't really need another goalie, as i'm set with vasilevskiy, raanta and saros (dynasty league, so I wanted to go really young) and got parsons in the minor league draft. goalies went off the board early, so the other top goalie prospects are all gone except for the two I had my eyes on, but there are major goalie limits in this league, so doesn't help to hoard goalies.
    vilardi was also the last real blue chip forward prospect left as well. that helped me make the decision.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.