Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Rumour] Turris on the Move

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [Rumour] Turris on the Move

Turris for galchenyuk makes no sense. He makes way too much money for being so unproven and doesn't help ottawa out now. Only way I see Turris traded is in a deal for duchene . Similar players but shorter contract .

Dobber Sports Jedi

it does from Mtl's end. I'm not convinced he's a top 30 C in the league either... wait... I think I've had this conversation before
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Turris for galchenyuk makes no sense. He makes way too much money for being so unproven and doesn't help ottawa out now. Only way I see Turris traded is in a deal for duchene . Similar players but shorter contract .
    The shorter contract is part of what is scaring GMs away from Duchene, not attracting them to Duchene.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How about Bozak? Similar contract, similar production, similarly mistaken for a #1C...seems like an equivalent player except he'll be much cheaper to re-sign

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    How about Bozak? Similar contract, similar production, similarly mistaken for a #1C...seems like an equivalent player except he'll be much cheaper to re-sign
    If you're saying bozak is similar to Turris then I can't even

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The shorter contract is part of what is scaring GMs away from Duchene, not attracting them to Duchene.
    But two years of duchene would be good for Ottawa who doesn't want to tie up a centre for 7 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it does from Mtl's end. I'm not convinced he's a top 30 C in the league either... wait... I think I've had this conversation before
    Of course it makes sense for Montreal since he's much better than galchenyuk and actually has proven his worth especially in playoffs

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's an article I just read that came out today, saying that a team has made a solid offer for Duchene and it mentions how GMs dont like Duchenes contract situation.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mcguire...e-trade-offer/

A sticking point in Duchene’s valuation from other general managers’ perspectives is that he only has this season and next year left on his deal, and no extension can be signed until July of 2018.
    Why wouldn't the Senators want to lock up a quality center long term? Even Turris, who's only 28, would be well worth locking up long term over dealing him but thats just my opinion.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Here's an article I just read that came out today, saying that a team has made a solid offer for Duchene and it mentions how GMs dont like Duchenes contract situation.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mcguire...e-trade-offer/

Why wouldn't the Senators want to lock up a quality center long term? Even Turris, who's only 28, would be well worth locking up long term over dealing him but thats just my opinion.
    Well Personally I would rather give a 7 year deal to duchene over Turris , if that was a possible scenario. I just don't think you can commit 7 years to Turris at this time when you also want to lock up stone and Karlsson on 7+ year deals as well. I don't think he'll taper off or anytning but it's a bit risky and maybe they want a bigger fish as 1C if you're giving 7 years. Pipe dream is obviously Tavares lol. It's kinda like Zibanejad, trading him before he' has to get a longer deal at an overpaid price, although i think Turris is in a much higher tier and is more consistent and proven

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If you're saying bozak is similar to Turris then I can't even
    If you feel turris and duchene are similar then that's all the justification I need to state bozak and turris are similar.

Any non biased person knows there's a clear gap between all 3.

Duchene > Turris > Bozak.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you feel turris and duchene are similar then that's all the justification I need to state bozak and turris are similar.

Any non biased person knows there's a clear gap between all 3.

Duchene > Turris > Bozak.
    Turris is a lot closer to Duchene than Bozak is to either of them.

Turris is a lot closer to Duchene than Bozak is to either of them.
    Yeah that's not even hard to grasp lol. I'd rather be have duchene but they've been damn similar last three seasons and duchene has been declining

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah that's not even hard to grasp lol. I'd rather be have duchene but they've been damn similar last three seasons and duchene has been declining
    Last 3 season point totals:

Duchene - 155
    Turris - 149
    Bozak - 139

Numbers would be even closer if you prorate as Turris/Bozak missed a bunch of games.

So it's pretty clear that offensive point totals aren't a good representation of their value, because the numbers show they are pretty close.

And how is Duchene declining? He's 26, and is playing for an abysmal team. Duchene would be hitting 60+ in Ottawa, Turris wouldn't hit that in Colorado.

Duchene = 1C
    Turris = 2C
    Bozak = 3C

There's a clear gap between all 3.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Last 3 season point totals:

Duchene - 155
    Turris - 149
    Bozak - 139

Numbers would be even closer if you prorate as Turris/Bozak missed a bunch of games.

So it's pretty clear that offensive point totals aren't a good representation of their value, because the numbers show they are pretty close.

And how is Duchene declining? He's 26, and is playing for an abysmal team. Duchene would be hitting 60+ in Ottawa, Turris wouldn't hit that in Colorado.

Duchene = 1C
    Turris = 2C
    Bozak = 3C

There's a clear gap between all 3.
    Bozak has matched or bettered Turris in points in the past two seasons (both played 57 games in 15/16) The only difference is 14/15 when Bozak had 49pts and Turris had 64. Still, Bozak has more PPP over that 3 year span.. Just adding pieces to the puzzle, not declaring him better.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well, I must say I was wrong on this one!