View Poll Results: Which of the 15 Fearless Fantasy Forecasts will come true?

Voters
47. This poll is closed
  • 15 defensemen will score 50+ points

14 29.79%
  • No Sharks forward will score 60+ points

10 21.28%
  • Patrick Sharp will outscore Alexander Radulov

3 6.38%
  • More than half of NHL teams will have a 60+ game goalie

9 19.15%
  • Ehlers goal total > Schultz?s point total

6 12.77%
  • Raanta will finish in top 5 for SV% among 40+ game goalies

10 21.28%
  • Pietrangelo will outscore Werenski by 15+ points

16 34.04%
  • McDavid points + Draisaitl points < 160

10 21.28%
  • Budaj will start more games than Vasilevskiy

8 17.02%
  • The Jets will lead the league in goals scored

20 42.55%
  • A Carolina forward will score 75+ points

8 17.02%
  • Milan Lucic will score fewer than 40 points

12 25.53%
  • Wennberg will finish in the top 3 for NHL forwards in assists

8 17.02%
  • Anders Lee will have the most goals in the Metropolitan Division

5 10.64%
  • Guentzel and Sheary will both be outpointed by Evander Kane

10 21.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 15 Fearless Fantasy Forecasts for 2017-18 - Vote here and post your own!

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: 15 Fearless Fantasy Forecasts for 2017-18 - Vote here and post your own!

Mine:

1. Hedman is outscored by 6 defenseman in his own division.
    2. The Sedin Twins combine for more points than the Staal brothers (all three)
    3. No Dallas Star gets into the top 15 in scoring.
    4. McDavid is the only Oiler to outscore Hall and Eberle
    5. The Red Wings add a second Svechnikov to their roster next summer.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: 15 Fearless Fantasy Forecasts for 2017-18 - Vote here and post your own!

1. Coyotes finish as #1 seed in the pacific

2. Doughty outscores Karlsson

3. Flames finish bottom 5

4. Darling is a Vezina nominee

5. Kings win the cup

Will add more later this weekend

The Great One

Bumping - come on folks, let's see more votes and more forecasts of your own. Remember - I'll go back at the end of the year to see how I did on these, and so can you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Finally got on the computer to vote. I'll make a few more of my own .

1. I'll reiterate my original prediction even after the impressive game 1 showing. Leafs will miss the playoffs (barely).

2. Ehlers is the top scoring Jets winger and finishes Top 15 in league scoring

3. Charlie McAvoy finishes outside the top 3 in Calder voting. I don't know if this counts as "fearless" or not but the hype train is running full steam on this kid.

4. Kucherov edges out McDavid for the scoring title on the last day of the season when he has a huge night against the Canes.

5. The Colorado Avalanche challenge for a playoff spot based on strong play from Varlamov and a breakout season from Nate Mackinnon. They ultimately fall short but the fantasy owners who took late round flyers on Avs players are rewarded handsomely.

6. Travis Hamonic plays 82 games (this is fearless since his career high is 73 and his only full season was the 2012/13 lockout). But I'll add in that he puts up monster numbers for his fantasy teams (35pts, 85+PIMs, 150+ Hits, 130+ Blks, 130+SOG).

7. Aaron Ekblad scores 20 goals this season after only managing 21 POINTS last year.

8. Ovechkin returns to over a point-per-game pace but finishes outside the Top 10 in league scoring when he leaves to go to the Olympics and the NHL suspends him for 10-games (6 of which are served while he is playing for Russia).

9. Dougie Hamilton leads the league in D-man scoring due to injuries to Hedman/Burns and a down season for Karlsson skating on half an ankle.

10. Jimmy Howard posts a .924 SV% and helps lead my team in the RHRS to it's first ever league championship
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If Winnipeg goes crazy w/ Goals this season, any chance Byfuglien breaks 60 pts?

Dobber Sports Monster

I voted for the Jets one, if only so I could participate in the voting at all I really don't expect any will happen so I would have voted no to all...but of course some of them might happen anyways and it will be funny to look back and see which ones. 15 dmen at 50 doesn't sound out of the question to me with the way the NHL is trending towards puck moving dmen being so important.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

I have a few:

1) VGK will advance to 2nd round of Playoffs. It's a small sample size but man did they perform like a Western Conference scrappy powerhouse in the two games they have had so far. Their D and playing style reminded me of the LA Kings back when they won their cups.

2) Marc Andre Fleury will contend for the Vezina. Going on the same thread as above. But will fall short to Bobrovsky

3) Winnipeg will be in real danger of missing the playoffs. Due to the team being young and undisciplined, as well as having shaky goaltending.

4) Evander Kane will be top 10 in goals and top 5 in overall fantasy value at the end of the year. He will also lead the league in shots. EK is playing during a contract year and is hitting his prime alongside an emergent Eichel.

5) Matt Duchene will stay in Colorado, and score more points than John Tavares. Matty D will find a resurgence alongside Yakupov, and Colorado will suck less this season. They will still miss the playoffs.

6) Nail Yakupov will score 50+ Points this year. His career will be revitalized alongside Duchene.

7) Juuse Saros will start more games than Pekka Rinne. Rinne is fast approaching the wrong side of 35, and Saros is only going to get better behind a great defensive Nashville Team. There's also the fact that Rinne is often injured.

8) Detroit will make the Playoffs, and Anthony Mantha will start living up to his potential. I've seen flashes of it, and I know others have. By the way, I predict Howard, not Mrazek will lead Detroit back to the promised land.

9) LA will advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. After beating teams like Chicago and CBJ in playoffs. You can tell they are back with a hunger and Quick is better than ever.

10) Carey Price will not be a top 10 goaltender this season. An underachieving team in front of him will let him down.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I voted for the Jets one, if only so I could participate in the voting at all I really don't expect any will happen so I would have voted no to all...but of course some of them might happen anyways and it will be funny to look back and see which ones. 15 dmen at 50 doesn't sound out of the question to me with the way the NHL is trending towards puck moving dmen being so important.
    I've done this for a few seasons and normally I'm lucky if even 25% come true, although if you look back to last season 50% were either true or near misses so in a good number of cases even if I'm not technically correct I'm generally on the right track.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Just thought I'd look back on some of these (again, a way to procrastinate on Sunday morning)

15 defensemen will score 50+ points - Pretty much on pace, a defenseman should have roughly 5.3 goals/game at this point to meet that pace. There's currently 11 D with 6 goals and 4 more with 5.

No Sharks forward will score 60+ points
    - Couture is at a 73-point pace but given his injury history, he could easily miss enough games to make this happen. Thornton is next, on pace for 58 points

Patrick Sharp will outscore Alexander Radulov - Radulov has 25-points in 30 games, Sharp has 8 in 29.

More than half of NHL teams will have a 60+ game goalie - For a goalie to appear in 60+ games at this point, they should have started around 21 games to date (depending on how many games their team has played of course). 18 goalies have started at least 21 games. Drop the cut-off to 20 games and you have 24 goalies chasing 60 starts. That's with Price and Rask sitting on the outside at 19 and 17 GS. This forecast is looking pretty solid

Ehlers goal total > Schultz?s point total
    - Ehlers has 13 goals, Schultz has 10 points (although has missed time to injury). This could really happen

Raanta will finish in top 5 for SV% among 40+ game goalies - Raanta is currently sitting about 12th in SV% among goalies on pace for this mark.

Pietrangelo will outscore Werenski by 15+ points - AP is on pace for 63-points, Weresnki is on pace for 44.

McDavid points + Draisaitl points < 160 - McDavid is on pace for 99-point, Draisatl is on pace for 66. 165 total, barring injury, this is looking pretty good as well.

Budaj will start more games than Vasilevskiy - Vasilevsky has 24 starts to Budaj's 5. Still possible if Vas were to go down long term

The Jets will lead the league in goals scored - Jets are sitting 5th in this category right now behind Tampa, Islanders, Knights and Leafs. It's still quite early and the Jets look good, I believe if they don't lead the league, they will only be trailing the Lightning.

A Carolina forward will score 75+ points - Teravainen is leading the team right now and is on pace for 70. Not out of the question, but I don't like the odds.

Milan Lucic will score fewer than 40 points - He already has 21 which puts him on pace for 59-points.

Wennberg will finish in the top 3 for NHL forwards in assists - Currently tied for 133rd in this category... Dammit Rizzee, I drafted Wennberg in multiple leagues based on this prediction

Anders Lee will have the most goals in the Metropolitan Division - Lee is tied for 2nd in the Metro with John Tavares at 17 goals. Trailing only Ovie who has 21.

Guentzel and Sheary will both be outpointed by Evander Kane - EK has 26 to Guentzel's 20 while Sheary has managed only 13. Another forecast looking good.

I'm pretty impressed, you're on pace to nail a good chunk of these
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Just thought I'd look back on some of these (again, a way to procrastinate on Sunday morning)

15 defensemen will score 50+ points - Pretty much on pace, a defenseman should have roughly 5.3 goals/game at this point to meet that pace. There's currently 11 D with 6 goals and 4 more with 5.

No Sharks forward will score 60+ points
    - Couture is at a 73-point pace but given his injury history, he could easily miss enough games to make this happen. Thornton is next, on pace for 58 points

Patrick Sharp will outscore Alexander Radulov - Radulov has 25-points in 30 games, Sharp has 8 in 29.

More than half of NHL teams will have a 60+ game goalie - For a goalie to appear in 60+ games at this point, they should have started around 21 games to date (depending on how many games their team has played of course). 18 goalies have started at least 21 games. Drop the cut-off to 20 games and you have 24 goalies chasing 60 starts. That's with Price and Rask sitting on the outside at 19 and 17 GS. This forecast is looking pretty solid

Ehlers goal total > Schultz?s point total
    - Ehlers has 13 goals, Schultz has 10 points (although has missed time to injury). This could really happen

Raanta will finish in top 5 for SV% among 40+ game goalies - Raanta is currently sitting about 12th in SV% among goalies on pace for this mark.

Pietrangelo will outscore Werenski by 15+ points - AP is on pace for 63-points, Weresnki is on pace for 44.

McDavid points + Draisaitl points < 160 - McDavid is on pace for 99-point, Draisatl is on pace for 66. 165 total, barring injury, this is looking pretty good as well.

Budaj will start more games than Vasilevskiy - Vasilevsky has 24 starts to Budaj's 5. Still possible if Vas were to go down long term

The Jets will lead the league in goals scored - Jets are sitting 5th in this category right now behind Tampa, Islanders, Knights and Leafs. It's still quite early and the Jets look good, I believe if they don't lead the league, they will only be trailing the Lightning.

A Carolina forward will score 75+ points - Teravainen is leading the team right now and is on pace for 70. Not out of the question, but I don't like the odds.

Milan Lucic will score fewer than 40 points - He already has 21 which puts him on pace for 59-points.

Wennberg will finish in the top 3 for NHL forwards in assists - Currently tied for 133rd in this category... Dammit Rizzee, I drafted Wennberg in multiple leagues based on this prediction

Anders Lee will have the most goals in the Metropolitan Division - Lee is tied for 2nd in the Metro with John Tavares at 17 goals. Trailing only Ovie who has 21.

Guentzel and Sheary will both be outpointed by Evander Kane - EK has 26 to Guentzel's 20 while Sheary has managed only 13. Another forecast looking good.

I'm pretty impressed, you're on pace to nail a good chunk of these
    Impressive for sure and thanks for the update.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Counter forecast McDavid and Drai > 170 points
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/