Thread: HR's Week 5 Lineups

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default HR's Week 5 Lineups

Both 10 team, H2H, 0.5 PPR. Two similar decisions....

League 1

Pick 1 for Flex:

A. Jones (GB) @ Dal
    Martin vs NE
    Kupp vs Sea
    Smallwood vs Ari
    Gallman vs LAC

League 2

Choose 2 RB (already have Ajayi going)

Powell @ Clev
    Martin vs NE
    A. Jones @ Dal
    Smallwood vs Ari
    Crowell vs NYJ

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: HR's Week 5 Lineups

1 - Martin - He looked great in pre-season... he has had the pads on... a full training camp. He will be ready to roll.

2- Martin - see above
    Smallwood - He has the Sproles roll of catching passed (if behind) and carrying if ahead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Martin

Martin
    Powell
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im surprised.....his role has not been announced yet. Martin that is.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Would you feel as confident starting Martin if you were already starting Desean??? So hard.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldn't love it, but I do think Martin is going to step right back into significant work. He's just the better player than Rodgers. And, while I most certainly could be wrong, I'd have to imagine that the Bucs would love nothing more than to control the clock here to the extent possible to limit Tom and Co.'s opportunities to put points on the board. Trading quick strikes or short-lived drives all night long probably doesn't tip the scales in the Bucs' favor.

But the other factors for me are even more circumstantial -- the fact that the Bucs play tonight and the other options you have.

In league 1 (other than Martin):

A. Jones (GB) @ Dal
    -- still up in the air what role he'll have; Montgomery sat today but may well play, and Williams also has been practicing.

Kupp vs Sea
    -- not the best matchup with the Seahawks still being top 10 against the WR position, and Kupp hasn't really had the impact yet that many (myself included) expected from a pure volume perspective

Smallwood vs Ari
    -- the Cards are top 5 against the position so far; and he's questionable and hasn't practiced this week so far with a knee injury

Gallman vs LAC
    -- i've heard/read that at least one of Perkins or Darkwa is likely play this week, and if so would take a good portion of the work; and in any event, the Giants' atrocious run blocking makes me hesitant to trust any of their RBs yet if I have other viable options

In league 2 (other than Martin):

Same story for most of the guys, but then there's Crowell.

--He's the one guy I'd be intrigued by if you want to hedge against Martin a little. Granted, Crowell has been pretty lousy, but the matchups don't get much better (on paper at least).

-- The Jets rank, I think, 29th against RBs so far this year. And it's not inconceivable that the Browns may actually have game script in their favor this week for once.

-- Nevertheless, Crow has been pretty bad. Duke is there to take all receiving work (and even got some goal line work last week). And the Jets somehow managed to completely bottle up Ajayi in week 3.

-- All told, I'm a bit nervous and really entering "show me" mode with Crow. Still wouldn't fault anyone for rolling with him over Martin though, as this would be the logical spot to do it at home versus the Jets.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thanks guys!! Martin and DJax were solid! My opponent had Jameis and watching that game I have no clue how he managed 16 points....but still Im out to a decent lead.