Thread: My Keller + Matheson vs. Dvorak or Boeser + Provorov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default My Keller + Matheson vs. Dvorak or Boeser + Provorov

I drafted Keller 2nd overall this year and the other owner wants him bad ! Would you pull the trigger ?

Keller : 3 years @ 1,673 M $
    Matheson : 1 year @ 0,925 M $

I have to decide between Dvorak and Boeser....

Dvorak : 2 years @ 1,11 M $
    OR
    Boeser: 2 years @ 1,492 M $
    Provorov: 2 years @ 1,744 M $

Team cap: 75 M $, dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G, POINTS ONLY !

So I loose one cheap year with the forwards but I gain one with Provorov....so even on that front !

Cheap, reliable defensemen are golden in this league (5 teams), since they are rare compared to forwards.

1) Since both Provorov and Matheson both appear to be stuck on the 2nd PP unit, do you think he will outpoint Matheson by 10 points or more this year and next ? I suppose Matheson will re-sign next year at a cap hit similar to Brett Pesce (4 M $), so I won't keep him after this season !

2) What's your point predictions for Keller/Dvorak/Boeser for the next 2 years ? I don't like Vancouver's goal scoring potential as a team, so I think that Dobber's projection of 48 points for Boeser is very optimistic !

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: My Keller + Matheson vs. Dvorak or Boeser + Provorov

I think 48 points for Boeser is just about right. More than 50 might be pushing it, but a goal heavy 48 is very doable with the right deployment. For that reason, I see Boeser as having a similar impact to Keller this season, and the addition of Dvorak and Provorov makes it a deal I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just a points league, or are there other categories too?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Guru

5-team league? I think Keller is the guy you want here. His upside is considerably higher than the others IMO, and with a smaller league, that's what you want to be chasing--especially with limited keepers. I don't think Boeser becomes a keeper for you at year's end, but Keller could.

Your D aren't deep, so Provorov would be a nice get, but not at the expense of Keller.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think 48 points for Boeser is just about right. More than 50 might be pushing it, but a goal heavy 48 is very doable with the right deployment. For that reason, I see Boeser as having a similar impact to Keller this season, and the addition of Dvorak and Provorov makes it a deal I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just a points league, or are there other categories too?
    It's Dvorak OR Boeser, not both ! Points only league.

How do you see point production from these 2 in this year and next ?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    5-team league? I think Keller is the guy you want here. His upside is considerably higher than the others IMO, and with a smaller league, that's what you want to be chasing--especially with limited keepers. I don't think Boeser becomes a keeper for you at year's end, but Keller could.

Your D aren't deep, so Provorov would be a nice get, but not at the expense of Keller.
    For my 15 keepers next year, my list as of today would be : Holtby, Talbot, Dubnyk, Burns, Gosth, Pacioretty, Marchand, Keller, Panarin, Ehlers, Rakell, Weal + 3 of the rest: Burakovsky, Nolan Patrick, Bjork, Montour (depends on contract), Stone (depends on contract).

If I losse Keller, I would add Provorov to my keepers, so I would have to keep Boeser or Dvorak over these guys. I think they offer both more value than these guys, so either one would be a keeper for me !

I will have to part ways with Atkinson, Van Riemsdyk, Tavares, Lehkonen, Trouba, Stecher, Hanifin, Matheson. These guys will sign new big contrats and I think their production won't be worth it (under 10 points per million #).

Dobber Sports Star

STONE nails it for me. In a points only format, Provorov isn't as exciting as he is in multicat. Keller has the highest points upside here, and the longest contract. He's the most valuable asset in the transaction, and I'd hold him.

Dobber Sports Expert

Should any of these guys even be rostered in 5 teamer? Need farm teams.
    Rosters are pretty big though so think Keller might squeeze in

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Should any of these guys even be rostered in 5 teamer? Need farm teams.
    Rosters are pretty big though so think Keller might squeeze in
    They are rostered because we must respect the salary cap. Entering this year's draft, I had only 10 millions to spend for 5 roster spots ! So cheap players who can produce 40-50 points are pretty important in this setup. Guys like Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Anze Kopitar, etc. are not on anyone's team because their offensive production isn't enough for their cap hit !

Still, can you give me your point projections for these forwards (Keller, Boeser, Dvorak) in the next two years ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd take Provocop and Boeser for Keller
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by obie4life View Post
    They are rostered because we must respect the salary cap. Entering this year's draft, I had only 10 millions to spend for 5 roster spots ! So cheap players who can produce 40-50 points are pretty important in this setup. Guys like Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Anze Kopitar, etc. are not on anyone's team because their offensive production isn't enough for their cap hit !

Still, can you give me your point projections for these forwards (Keller, Boeser, Dvorak) in the next two years ?
    I'd temper my expectations this year for any. Keller has highest ceiling of any but also plays in Arizona.? Who are his linemates?
    Same with Boesar.
    Is this a point league? Provos value drops

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    STONE nails it for me. In a points only format, Provorov isn't as exciting as he is in multicat. Keller has the highest points upside here, and the longest contract. He's the most valuable asset in the transaction, and I'd hold him.
    I agree with this.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    I'd temper my expectations this year for any. Keller has highest ceiling of any but also plays in Arizona.? Who are his linemates?
    Same with Boesar.
    Is this a point league? Provos value drops
    Keller's linemates are Stepan and Domi. Keller is talented enough that a Marner-like rookie season is my expectation.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.