Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kailer Yamamoto

The Great One

Default Re: Kailer Yamamoto

That is ridiculous... even if he sticks all year can he really go north of 60...?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    That is ridiculous... even if he sticks all year can he really go north of 60...?
    Thanks... needed a reality check lol

The Great One

Lol didn’t mean it to sound so harsh though!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'd rather have Yamamoto than Puljajarvi in a Dynasty league at this point. That being said I don't think either has any fantasy impact this season.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like him but don't drop him for staal. He's had a tough time in his own end so outside of preseason. I hope he has a good showing tonight. Is there a more desirable spot to start tonight than on McDavids wing?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Coilers'n'Spoilers View Post
    I'd rather have Yamamoto than Puljajarvi in a Dynasty league at this point. That being said I don't think either has any fantasy impact this season.
    just no.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

I didn't watch the game but 8 shots and an assist look pretty good.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I didn't watch the game but 8 shots and an assist look pretty good.
    He was buzzing around, that's for sure. Oiler's top line looked the best it has all season thus far and Yamamoto is showing signs of getting better. He keeps this up for the next 3 games then the Oilers have a tough decision to make about whether to send him back to junior or not (can't go to AHL becuase of age I think).

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    just no.
    That's some high level insight... what has Puljajarvi shown you that makes you think he's a better fantasy asset and prospect than Yamamoto? His draft hype? Name value?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Coilers'n'Spoilers View Post
    That's some high level insight... what has Puljajarvi shown you that makes you think he's a better fantasy asset and prospect than Yamamoto? His draft hype? Name value?
    Recency bias is rather strong here. How about Puljujarvi's MVP winning performance as a 17-year-old at the 2016 WJC? The same WJC that had some kids named Matthews and Laine playing as well? Or perhaps 28 points in 39 AHL games which is elite level production for an 18-year-old? Or perhaps his junior career when he posted better numbers than Patrik Laine?

But sure, Yamamoto playing 5 games in the NHL is enough to forget all that.

I would also like to remind that Yamamoto is less than 5 months younger than Puljujarvi, so they're pretty much the same age. They're both '98 kids. If the Oilers had the option to send Yamamoto to the AHL to start the season, they probably would have done that. That's not really Puljujarvi's fault.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Recency bias is rather strong here. How about Puljujarvi's MVP winning performance as a 17-year-old at the 2016 WJC? The same WJC that had some kids named Matthews and Laine playing as well? Or perhaps 28 points in 39 AHL games which is elite level production for an 18-year-old? Or perhaps his junior career when he posted better numbers than Patrik Laine?

But sure, Yamamoto playing 5 games in the NHL is enough to forget all that.

I would also like to remind that Yamamoto is less than 5 months younger than Puljujarvi, so they're pretty much the same age. They're both '98 kids. If the Oilers had the option to send Yamamoto to the AHL to start the season, they probably would have done that. That's not really Puljujarvi's fault.

Pshhhhhhhhh "recency bias"... WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR THEM LATELY!!!!!