Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Tolvanen

Nashville is looking into bringing Tolvanen in as early as this season. http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...nhl/983004001/

Tolvanen is under a one-year KHL contract with a player option for a second. When Tolvanen is available to make a determination about his future, the Predators will attempt to lure him stateside with a three-year entry-level contract. "You don’t want to over-promise," Poile said. "You don’t want to put people in a position to not be successful.
    "But on the other hand, with what he’s done and the success he’s had versus a deal that we might want to be making (by the Feb. 26 trade deadline), you weigh that up against signing Tolvanen and bringing him over to North America. (Tolvanen) might be a much better option.”
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Tolvanen couldn't play for Boston College thats why he left to the KHL. Lets see how he does in the World Jrs. If he dominates then it'll up his chances with Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Nashville is looking into bringing Tolvanen in as early as this season. http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...nhl/983004001/
    Nice!
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Jedi

1a - 9sog
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kabonov View Post
    Tolvanen couldn't play for Boston College thats why he left to the KHL. Lets see how he does in the World Jrs. If he dominates then it'll up his chances with Nashville.

Nice!
    Really don't think the tournament is going to have a major impact on his coming over or not.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Really don't think the tournament is going to have a major impact on his coming over or not.
    Might just have some impact on the timing though. A strong tournament pretty much guarantees that his next contract is the ELC with Nashville, as opposed to him using his player option in the KHL. I'm not positive about all the CBA requirements and whatnot though, because I thought the NHL deadline to sign him was before the KHL season ends. So I don't know if that means we could see him play in North America this year or not, but I can't see him staying in the KHL beyond this year anyhow, especially with a strong World Juniors and the season he's been having already. Could also have some impact on the bonus structure of his ELC. Heck, a big enough tourney and we could see him making close to max dollars on his ELC as the 30th overall pick.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Might just have some impact on the timing though. A strong tournament pretty much guarantees that his next contract is the ELC with Nashville, as opposed to him using his player option in the KHL. I'm not positive about all the CBA requirements and whatnot though, because I thought the NHL deadline to sign him was before the KHL season ends. So I don't know if that means we could see him play in North America this year or not, but I can't see him staying in the KHL beyond this year anyhow, especially with a strong World Juniors and the season he's been having already. Could also have some impact on the bonus structure of his ELC. Heck, a big enough tourney and we could see him making close to max dollars on his ELC as the 30th overall pick.
    they can't sign him until the KHL season ends and the 1st year of his contract ends, which is April sometime. There should be a window there once that contract ends and before he can exercise the option to go back next year for the Nashville to sign him

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lucafen is right in that he can't be signed until his 1st year of his KHL contract is over, which is in March but then there's playoffs and Jokerit is very much in it so yeah, sometime in April or mid to late March if Jokerit doesn't go far.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    they can't sign him until the KHL season ends and the 1st year of his contract ends, which is April sometime. There should be a window there once that contract ends and before he can exercise the option to go back next year for the Nashville to sign him
    Would that leave him available to come over for the NHL playoffs? Kind of as if he had been signed after an NCAA season? Like I said, CBA rules generally escape me.
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Would that leave him available to come over for the NHL playoffs? Kind of as if he had been signed after an NCAA season? Like I said, CBA rules generally escape me.
    if he signs before the end of the reg. season I do believe so... Sam Bennett is a recent example of a late season signing - joining the team in the playoffs after his jr. year

Dobber Sports Ace

Good to know. The last time I remember a late signing that I was paying attention to was when the Bruins signed Martie Turco after the trade deadline, which meant he couldn't play in the post-season. Wasn't sure if there was some rule that would have effected this too.
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Jokerit have done a great job building up Tolvanen's confidence which is obviously very high right now because it seems like everything he tries to do is successful - what I'm still wondering is what happens when he hits the rookie wall and things don't go perfectly for him anymore. Will he go into a long slump or is he able to get out of that quickly?
    Well, it looks like we're at this point now. Tolvanen has just 1 goal and 5 points in his last 18 games. In yesterday's game, he was the extra forward and only played 3:22 in that game. It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this.

Dobber Sports Expert

Finland hasn't announced their Olympic team yet have they? What are the odds Tolvanen makes the cut?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Finland hasn't announced their Olympic team yet have they? What are the odds Tolvanen makes the cut?
    They're announcing it in one hour. I think he still makes the team despite slowing down offensively as Finland doesn't have a lot of natural goal-scorers besides him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eeli Tolvanen is on the Olympic roster, and so is Miro Heiskanen. No other interesting young players on the roster.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    It will be interesting for sure. I thought he had an uninspiring WJC tourney too.
    I think many were pumping the tires a little prematurely here...
    I actually thought he played really well at the WJC. I know people were expecting more goals from him but he had a lot of scoring chances and in general he played well but nothing was going in.