Thread: DFS Projections/Content

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default DFS Projections/Content

Can anyone recommend a site that produces content for DFS?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: DFS Projections/Content

I follow a few guys on Twitter who are good but a site that also has some content that I refer to once in a while is Rotogrinders.com. Hockey doesn't get nearly the same play as football, baseball or even the NBA. Mostly I just rely on myself. Following the pack can get you in trouble.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: DFS Projections/Content

I know this is a bit old but I have a few suggestions if you are interested. These are the sites I've personally used. I'm sure there is more out there. The best site depends on the type of information you are looking for. I'll break down the sites for you based on my experience and opinions.

Rotogrinders - Great free content including projections, starting goalies, line combinations, stats, etc. The downside is, this information is used by many players. While it is generally solid information, you are going to find a correlation on most nights between the highest projected players on Rotogrinders to the players with higher ownership percentages. Still, if you are looking for free content you won't find more free tools like this very often. I can't speak to their paid membership as out of the sites on this list, this is the only one I haven't tried paid. This site is best if you don't want to pay anything, and you are looking for projections and other popular tools.

RotoWire - Paid membership per season, best if you like to do your own research. They have great, easy to digest the player news, great stats tools, projections, and strategy articles. They also have an NHL podcast too but that might be freely available. While the player news and tools are great. I don't find the projects all that bold. Meaning I look at it and they don't really tell me anything I don't already know. "1. Crosby 2. Ovechkin 3. Kucherov 4. Pavelski..." Like great, I don't need to be told that, I'm looking for sneaky plays. So in summary, it's a good site but their tools are better if you like doing your own research for relatively cheap.

Fantasy Guru Elite - Ok, so now we are getting into the interesting sites. I used FGE last year and really liked... overall. This site's strongest content is comprised of write-ups, picks, and bold predictions. Not a lot of stat tools or anything like that. This site is good if you are looking for a bit of an edge. They post daily strategy articles with game predictions, recommended line combos. I will definitely say that they are NOT always right. What I liked most was hearing the logic behind their picks. It taught me some strategies for building teams. They also take into account things like chalk which is good. They have their good days and their days where all their picks bomb. I respect it though because they use angles that a computer or algorithm may not see. The site is best for beginner to intermediate players that play 1-10 lineups a night.

Fantasy Labs - Best for serious, advanced players playing 10+ lineups per night. My personal favorite site although it is MASSIVELY overpriced. I really liked the tools but I no longer have my membership because of the price. I just don't play enough this year to justify paying $60/mo. I found it worth it when I was like $200+/night. Best tools, very interesting strategy articles. Beginner and intermediate players will likely be overwhelmed by the tools and find little value from them unless they are playing a higher volume of lineups. They have these models that are highly customizable and allow you to create your own algorithms, then auto-generate lineups based on these algorithms. I used to set my algorithm, generate 10-20 lineups for tournaments. The models are good at spotting breakout players, leveraging the "banger" categories, matchups, hot cold streaks, and waaaay more. The thing is that for the average player, they wouldn't know what to do with the tools. It took me a long time to get the hang of them but they are VERY useful once you do. The thing is though, the tools are really only useful if you play multiple lineups. At the end of the day, it's an algorithm, the chances of using it to build one winning lineup on a given night are super low. However, it is great, probably the best tool out there for multiple lineups.