Thread: Antti Raanta

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Antti Raanta

How many wins do you expect from him this season? Arizona is looking like a great team this year and should challenge for the playoffs? What to expect?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Antti Raanta

I would not say Arizona is great.
    I think they'll be better than their 74.5pts projected by Vegas, but they won't make playoffs.

Look at the West, there's too many good teams.
    Obv, 8 made the playoffs last year, and these don't include Dallas (MUCH improved), Winnipeg (could break through), and LA (not as bad as record, Quick out most of year).
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/standings/_/...type/2/group/2

Last year ended:
    8. Nashville 94pts
    9. Winnipeg 87pts
    10. Los Angeles 86pts
    11. Dallas 79pts
    12. Arizona 70pts

I think Winnipeg finishes near 92pts (I took them with my 22nd pick in "Wins" pool), Dallas near 92pts, Los Angeles near 85pts (again).

I like Arizona to finish near 80pts, and still 12th in West. (VAN, COL, VGK behind).
    80pts / 2.2 = 36w.
    If Raanta starts 80% of games, that's 29 wins. That seems about right.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    How many wins do you expect from him this season? Arizona is looking like a great team this year and should challenge for the playoffs? What to expect?
    Yaaaaaaaaaaa great?? I dunno about that. I think they'll still be bottom 5 in the West. Raanta has never had a full season load but I do like him as a 4th goalie if you need it.

Dobber Sports Star

25 wins.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think it is more of a timeshare then an 80/20 % split, keep in mind Raanta has never been a starter and played behind one of the top teams with NYR, he no longer has that team infront and Domingue put up solid numbers down the stretch, I could see more of a 60/40 type split with them riding whoever gets hot at the moment. 22-25 wins seems reasonable for Raanta to me
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

When I read the question the number 28 came to mind. I think thats optimistic but doable.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I would not say Arizona is great.
    I think they'll be better than their 74.5pts projected by Vegas, but they won't make playoffs.

Look at the West, there's too many good teams.
    Obv, 8 made the playoffs last year, and these don't include Dallas (MUCH improved), Winnipeg (could break through), and LA (not as bad as record, Quick out most of year).
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/standings/_/...type/2/group/2

Last year ended:
    8. Nashville 94pts
    9. Winnipeg 87pts
    10. Los Angeles 86pts
    11. Dallas 79pts
    12. Arizona 70pts

I think Winnipeg finishes near 92pts (I took them with my 22nd pick in "Wins" pool), Dallas near 92pts, Los Angeles near 85pts (again).

I like Arizona to finish near 80pts, and still 12th in West. (VAN, COL, VGK behind).
    80pts / 2.2 = 36w.
    If Raanta starts 80% of games, that's 29 wins. That seems about right.
    Thanks for the lengthy reply. It came down to Lehner and Raanta for me for my final pick in a 1 year pts only pool (win =2 pts so = 1 pt ect). My main goalie is Dubnyk so I more or less just have to hope he stays healthy then. Only 1 goalie out of 2 count for points so it shouldn't be all that bad that I went with Raanta, just could have went with a better option.

Dobber Sports Deity

A lot of people seem to think that because the Coyotes now have a bunch of young kids playing for them that it will turn them into a quality team. I think a lot of people will be disappointed. Raanta will get his fair share of starts but I don't think the Coyotes will be much better until the kids start to learn how to win, which isn't always easy in the West.

If he gets 25-26 wins this year, I'd call that a success.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

All fair points and thanks Axeman for your insight. I wish I had a few posters on a live chat to get last minute advice lol but its all good.