Thread: Nelson for Thompson & Sanders

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nelson for Thompson & Sanders

Just lost cook... Need a RB... not the best trade ive ever seen but if Thompson can maintain even 75 percent of his production id be happy... what do you guys think - standard league... have lynch, Kelly, Cohen, Blount as my other RBs
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Nelson for Thompson & Sanders

I'd hold out for a bit to see what else you get offered. Thompson has been insanely efficient so far; I have a hard time seeing that continuing for the season (especially, from a fantasy production point of view, in a non-PPR).

I'd expect the other GMs to come at you hard over the next few days. See what the other dance partners look like before you choose one. I'd rather kick the tires on guys like Mixon, Carson, Lynch, Ajayi, Martin, etc. I doubt any of those guys are fully valued right now - and Ajayi, Mixon and Lynch owners might be getting jumpy.

Also, if they're not owned already, I'd look to pick up guys like Collins, Foreman and McGuire. You might take a hit for a few weeks, but all of those guys could emerge as leading their back fields in short order and shouldn't be PPR dependent.

At the very least, let that game tomorrow night play out. Not a great matchup for WAS, and the last thing you need is to trade for a player who winds up injured before he ever hits your roster.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I'd rather kick the tires on guys like Mixon, Carson, Lynch, Ajayi, Martin, etc. I doubt any of those guys are fully valued right now - and Ajayi, Mixon and Lynch owners might be getting jumpy.
    Umm ... Scratch Carson off that list.

I think his leg just fell off during a meaningless 4th quarter carry. Or if it didn't, it should have.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Expert

Nope. No way I'm moving Nelson for a Thompson package...especially when its not PPR. Your trade partner is just trying to sell high on him. If you`re moving Nelson, you should be getting high end RB2 back in the deal. Thompson is not in that tier.