Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mason Dropped pick up for 3rd Goalie

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Mason Dropped pick up for 3rd Goalie

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    would you drop Luongo for him?
    key is i have Helly, and it would give the the Wpg tandem.
    On the other hand, I think i may be better off with 3 starters
    Interesting question! I think it depends on whether you think Fla or Winnipeg are likely to play better D, play in tight games, etc. I'd bet the Jets end up in higher scoring affairs this year - I don't know what's going on with the Jets D, but something is not right imo.

As Tripel and DeJeanneret know, I drafted Mason as my G2 behind Holtby, but waived him and made a move to lock down Greiss and Halak. It's not a massive improvement, but I was more comfortable having the certainty of the starting Isles goalie (whichever it turns out to be) instead of the Mason uncertainty. Not sure the Isles D is better than Jets D, probably not after they lost Hamonic, but I think each of Halak and Greiss have proven they can be excellent for stretches and I trust that more than Mason going fwd for my 2nd G needs.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    would you drop Luongo for him?
    key is i have Helly, and it would give the the Wpg tandem.
    On the other hand, I think i may be better off with 3 starters
    Depends whether you want the security of knowing you will always have at least one starter. Though we aren't sure who will play more in FLA or WPG, there is a very good chance Mason and Reimer play a lot (35+ games) in their respective creases this year. Reimer and Mason were both brought in on big contracts to help out the other guy. Some weeks you might get 0 starts from Helly and Luongo, but with the Wpg tandem you will always get your 2-4 starts guaranteed. Right now Mason looks awful but we know he is an up and down goalie and will get his starts - he's being paid to push Hellebuyck these next two years.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Yes because I doubt Saros becomes an important piece for you this year. He definitely won't be a keeper either.
    Disagree bigtime.

He may certainly become a valuable piece this year and has a very good chance of becoming a fantastic keeper option. On top of that he'll probably get starts within 10 games or so of Mase and give you better starts. If I had the misfortune of auto drafting Mason Id trade him for Saros without blinking. I know thats not the popular opinion based on ownership percentages but its my opinion lol!