Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: List of top prospects to make NHL this season?

Administrator

Default Re: List of top prospects to make NHL this season?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    how many points do you think he will get eric? I just picked him in my $250 league 170th overall
    Around 50 points, give or take. I don't think there's any chance he gets sent down though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

And Lindblom was just sent down...
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, there is some buzz in Philly that Taylor Leier beat out Lindblom for a spot on the Flyers, but the official decision will come after todays (sunday) game vs the Islanders.
    Yes Lindblom will start in the AHL unless Hextall makes some moves because of their reluctance to waive Leier and lose him for nothing (lol!). I'd be surprised it Lindblom's not up with the big club by game 5 to be honest.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Joel Eriksson Ek
    Anders Bjork
    Jake DeBrusk
    Charles Hudon
    Tyson Jost
    Samuel Blais
    Jack Roslovic
    Ryan Pulock

(Not ranked.)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Joel Eriksson Ek
    Anders Bjork
    Jake DeBrusk
    Charles Hudon
    Tyson Jost
    Samuel Blais
    Jack Roslovic
    Ryan Pulock

(Not ranked.)
    Roslovic was re-assigned to the A.
    Boston hasn't finalized yet so I wouldn't say for sure DeBrusk is in. Same goes for Kuraly, and dare I say Bjork.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    I'd be surprised it Lindblom's not up with the big club by game 5 to be honest.
    Some speculation/reasoning on the Lindblom cut:

Another potential reason why Lindblom is headed to Lehigh Valley could be his skating, a theory laid out by hockey guru Bill Meltzer, who tweeted Saturday afternoon “word on Lindblom is [he] still needs to work on his feet: quicker Point A to point B at NHL pace.”

This theory makes sense. Lindblom’s biggest knock in his draft year was his skating, an area he’s improved greatly in Sweden since 2014. There is an adjustment to the North American game, and it appears the Flyers want him to work on it with the Phantoms.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...r-lindblom-cut

The NHL is a fast league these days and PHI is already opening the season with 3-4 rookies. Nothing wrong with giving Lindblom some time as top line forward in the A.
    BTW. Apparently Hagg's ability as a LH-man to be comfortable on the right side has given him the leg up in the rookie-battle for a starting D6 spot.
    Ghost's injury may hide whether Morin or Sanheim is prefered as the D7, but Hagg was slated to be on the stay-at-home right side of Ghost.

For the Philly fans, Patrick is apparently going to pick a new jersey number shortly! Fun!
    (He wore #64 in the pre-season... #19 in junior. IIRC correctly, Provorov wore #64 in pre-season last year... and I think PHI rookies are expected to wear high number until making the team: Provorov switched to #9 for season last year)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Roslovic was re-assigned to the A.
    Boston hasn't finalized yet so I wouldn't say for sure DeBrusk is in. Same goes for Kuraly, and dare I say Bjork.

Nope, you’re right. Making the finalized roster isn’t a guarantee to be impactful though, either. Just adding some names that are still around (minus Roslovic I guess) to speculate on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Some speculation/reasoning on the Lindblom cut:

Another potential reason why Lindblom is headed to Lehigh Valley could be his skating, a theory laid out by hockey guru Bill Meltzer, who tweeted Saturday afternoon “word on Lindblom is [he] still needs to work on his feet: quicker Point A to point B at NHL pace.”

This theory makes sense. Lindblom’s biggest knock in his draft year was his skating, an area he’s improved greatly in Sweden since 2014. There is an adjustment to the North American game, and it appears the Flyers want him to work on it with the Phantoms.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...r-lindblom-cut

The NHL is a fast league these days and PHI is already opening the season with 3-4 rookies. Nothing wrong with giving Lindblom some time as top line forward in the A.
    BTW. Apparently Hagg's ability as a LH-man to be comfortable on the right side has given him the leg up in the rookie-battle for a starting D6 spot.
    Ghost's injury may hide whether Morin or Sanheim is prefered as the D7, but Hagg was slated to be on the stay-at-home right side of Ghost.

For the Philly fans, Patrick is apparently going to pick a new jersey number shortly! Fun!
    (He wore #64 in the pre-season... #19 in junior. IIRC correctly, Provorov wore #64 in pre-season last year... and I think PHI rookies are expected to wear high number until making the team: Provorov switched to #9 for season last year)
    As a Lindblom owner I am more than okay with him starting in the AHL. He only just turned 21, there's no rush. He previously had a short but very successful AHL stint at the end of 2015-16 so I'm expecting some healthy numbers from him and wouldn't be surprised to see him called up early.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sounds like Honka will be the #7D in Dallas to start the season. I think this will be disappointing to a lot of fantasy owners who were expecting him to play big minutes right away and contribute in the NHL.

Mark Stepneski @StarsInsideEdge
    Ken Hitchcock said Julius Honka won't play to start season.Said Honka not ready yet, will work with Rick Wilson to try to get there.
    From https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...hy-scratch-nhl

Do you think it's better for Julius Honka to play in the AHL or be a healthy scratch in the NHL?

Heika: I would like to see him in the lineup every game and allow him to go through growing pains so he will be better at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

However, I understand the concept. The coaches feel Oleksiak and Johns have beaten out Honka for the top six, so then the decision comes whether they should send him back to the AHL and let him play big minutes or keep him here.

Now, Klingberg did it a few years back, and he really was helped by the AHL time. However, he was coming over from Europe. Honka has 191 games in the AHL, so the Stars are taking the chance that spending time in practice and film session with assistant coach Rick Wilson is worth more than a few AHL games.

This won't go on for long. My guess is they make a decision after 10-12 games to either play Honka in the NHL or send him back to the AHL.He does not require waivers, so he can go back and forth as much as they want him to. They could even keep him up here, send him back for a couple of weekend AHL games and call him back up.

It will be a fluid situation.