Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Djoos or Bowey????

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Djoos or Bowey????

Who's gonna be the one? Djoos or Bowey?
    Keeper dynasty cap hit (same as NHL)
    16 teams 4 divisions, 2 conference. G=1 A=1, PTS only

19 skaters min. 12 foward, 6 defence and 1 goalie...max 25 skaters, 3 foward spares, 2 def spares and 1 goalie spare.....19 best pts count

Players lock in 2017-2018 and the year remeaning in my team
    fowards:

-P.Kane 2
    -Eichel 1
    -Matthews 2
    -Aho 2

Defences:
    -Werenski 1
    -Provorov 1
    -Butcher 2
    -Pulock 1
    -
    -

Goalies:
    -

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Djoos or Bowey????

My guess is Bowey. He is a right hand shot and slots nicely behind Carlson and Niskanen.
    Trotz has previously mentioned the importance of right and left hand shots due to the speed of the game.

Regardless one of them will be on the 3rd pairing ans Orpik seems to be playing beside Carlson.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Who do I want on my fantasy squad? Bowey. Who do I think will make the team? Djoos.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Djoos will be kept because he's not waiver exempt. Unless he really sucks and the Caps don't mind losing him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    My guess is Bowey. He is a right hand shot and slots nicely behind Carlson and Niskanen.
    Trotz has previously mentioned the importance of right and left hand shots due to the speed of the game.

Regardless one of them will be on the 3rd pairing ans Orpik seems to be playing beside Carlson.
    I don't get this explanation because on the left side Washington has just Orlov and a bunch of guys who are #6D at best. Isn't that the better side to play at because there's a top-4 spot open on that side? Bowey is behind Carlson and Niskanen for as long as those two are on the team.

But on the other hand, Bowey has been playing bigger minutes than Djoos in the preseason, so maybe that gives the edge to Bowey. I honestly don't know which one is the better option right now. But as VincentVega mentioned, Djoos is most likely staying with the team because they don't want to put him on waivers whereas Bowey can be sent to the AHL without waivers. Personally, I would probably have them both on the team and Chorney as the #7D and got rid of Ness. If Bowey is ready, they should let him play.

Dobber Sports Master

Bowey. He has the better ceiling, has had a good preseason and teams like to give plenty of opportunity to their first round selections to make it.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Bowey. He has the better ceiling, has had a good preseason and teams like to give plenty of opportunity to their first round selections to make it.
    Just a small correction, Bowey was a 2nd round pick. But I agree, teams would rather see their 2nd round pick succeed than give that opportunity to a 7th round pick. But Bowey's previous two seasons in the AHL have been pretty bad and Djoos was the better player last season in the AHL, so to me this isn't as clear-cut as that.

Dobber Sports Deity

There's a chance both could stick with the big club out of the gate but I do prefer Bowey long-term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Bowey for sure. I don't see Djoos staying on the 2nd pairing, Bowey will be the better player

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by smytty View Post
    Bowey for sure. I don't see Djoos staying on the 2nd pairing, Bowey will be the better player
    I would love to hear some sort of explanation why you think it's so certain Bowey will be the better player? They played on the same AHL team last season, and Djoos was by far the better of the two. I have no idea which one ends up being better, so I'd love to hear why you are so confident that it will be Bowey.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I would love to hear some sort of explanation why you think it's so certain Bowey will be the better player? They played on the same AHL team last season, and Djoos was by far the better of the two. I have no idea which one ends up being better, so I'd love to hear why you are so confident that it will be Bowey.
    My personal opinion from watching them. I've seen Bowey play a lot. I've seen Djoos play far less, but I don't think his points will translate to the NHL.

Dobber Sports Wizard

My personal opinion from watching them. I've seen Bowey play a lot. I've seen Djoos play far less, but I don't think his points will translate to the NHL.
    Good, someone who has been watching the Hersey Bears. Can you explain why Bowey has been so terrible while playing there? I can't figure it out.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Haven't seen much from the Bears, I watched the Rockets religiously. Which is why I have seen far more from Bowey than Djoos.
    Last year he was coming off of an injury and never got back to 100%. From what I've heard, he's finally playing healthy again.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Haven't seen much from the Bears, I watched the Rockets religiously. Which is why I have seen far more from Bowey than Djoos.
    Last year he was coming off of an injury and never got back to 100%. From what I've heard, he's finally playing healthy again.
    See, the problem is that we all know that Bowey was great in junior hockey but so far in his pro career, he's been a big disappointment (at least offensively). To me, his two pro seasons are more important indicators than what happened in junior. Everything I'm reading from people who have actually watched them both play at Hershey, it seems like they all think Djoos is the more offensively talented player. I'm still waiting for someone who has been watching them both to say Bowey is the better player. Here's one recent article I just found:

?[Djoos] and I have a little bit of chemistry coming off last year,? Bowey said. ?He?s a tremendous player with the puck and he?s a really smart defenseman, so I think we suit each other pretty well.?

Looking at both, they seem to compliment each other well ? Djoos is an offensive-defenseman who can make breakout passes and loves to jump up on the rush, and Bowey seems to be a shutdown guy who brings physicality and aggression but can also move the puck well.

?I can bring a more physical element to the table and he has tremendous skill,? Bowey said. ?Both of us together make a pretty good tandem,? Bowey said. ?He?s really smart with the puck and makes great plays. Both of us, moving our feet, skating well, we can make some stuff happen.?
    This was another great article shared by audiopile in another thread: https://novacapsfans.com/2017/08/01/...ristian-djoos/

Now we get to the good stuff. Don?t think that?s all Djoos had to give defensively. In many of these offensive examples you will see his defensive game take over. Djoos proves he isn?t a one-trick pony. But, this is where he really thrives. He?s creative and so skilled with the puck. He combines his skating, hands, and IQ to do some amazing stuff.
    Think of it like this, Djoos has NHL skating, passing, and hockey IQ which all of the plays above involved. The examples didn?t revolve around hard hitting, taking hits, or relying heavily on physicality. So to me, I don?t see why Djoos can?t translate his game into the big league. Djoos still needs to prove he?s NHL-worthy, but from what I?ve seen, and hopefully you have too, he might be the answer the Caps are looking for.

Dobber Sports Pro

Jouko-Pouko......

So I am not familiar with either player. I was listening to a clip of trotz and he specifically mentioned the importance of having right hand shots on the right hand side.
    If you look through the Caps roster Bowey is the only NHL possible option that is a right hand shot.

I also think that any injury to Carlson or Niskanen is an automatic opportunity for Bowey. Just putting 2 and 2 together.

I have been looking for any information on either but I am happy others are looking into it as well.