Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Djoos or Bowey????

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Djoos or Bowey????

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Jouko-Pouko......

So I am not familiar with either player. I was listening to a clip of trotz and he specifically mentioned the importance of having right hand shots on the right hand side.
    If you look through the Caps roster Bowey is the only NHL possible option that is a right hand shot.

I also think that any injury to Carlson or Niskanen is an automatic opportunity for Bowey. Just putting 2 and 2 together.

I have been looking for any information on either but I am happy others are looking into it as well.
    I'm totally for them using Bowey on the 3rd pair RD spot. I just don't see how that affects Djoos's situation when he only has Orlov in front of him on the left side (Orpik isn't ahead of anyone really). I would put them like this:
    Orlov-Niskanen
    Djoos-Carlson
    Orpik-Bowey

So to me, it looks like Djoos has the better opportunity because they need someone on that top-4 position to replace Alzner/Schmidt who were both left-handed shots.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree with JP's take on all of this. There is definitely a North American bias(read more WHL bias) when it comes to comparing propsepcts, and a lot of that is due to the opportunity we have to see these prospects play more easily.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bowey was sent to the AHL yesterday before they finalized their roster, so it looks like the early edge goes to Djoos. I'm sure he'll be back soon enough, though, because they only have 2 right-handed shots on the blueline now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Looks like Djoos will play his first NHL game tonight. For the life of me I can't understand why they're keeping Ness in the lineup and scratching Chorney because Ness has been horrible in the games I've watched but I'm just happy they're giving Djoos a chance to play.

https://leftwinglock.com/line-combin...EV&gametype=GD

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Looks like Djoos will play his first NHL game tonight. For the life of me I can't understand why they're keeping Ness in the lineup and scratching Chorney because Ness has been horrible in the games I've watched but I'm just happy they're giving Djoos a chance to play.

https://leftwinglock.com/line-combin...EV&gametype=GD
    And Djoos got 2 points tonight............
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    And Djoos got 2 points tonight............
    I just finished watching the game from last night, and Djoos looked really good out there. It looked like he didn't play all that much in the first period but they started using him more and more after each period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Orlov-Niskanen
    Djoos-Carlson
    Orpik-Bowey
    I still think this is the best group of 'D' Washington could put out there.
    - They need to reduce Orpik's minutes, 22 minutes is way too much for him. Cut it down to 16 and then he's fine. He's dragging down Carlson's play right now.
    - Djoos probably can't handle 20+ minutes yet but they should be able to increase his minutes to around 16 as well.
    - Why are they even dressing Ness to play? 10:42 average TOI and he's looked terrible even then. I'm no advanced stats expert but it looks like they agree with the eye test. Put him on waivers.
    - Chorney is fine as their #7D.
    - I haven't actually seen Bowey play at the NHL level but I'm just assuming he can't be any worse then Chorney and Ness, so why not give him a try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Interesting input. Being a Carlson owner in my league, I was wondering what you meant by Orlov drags down Carlson's play right now?
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    Interesting input. Being a Carlson owner in my league, I was wondering what you meant by Orlov drags down Carlson's play right now?
    I said Orpik, not Orlov. Carlson needs to play with a more talented partner to really shine. With a partner like Orpik, he's just stuck in his own zone trying to defend because Orpik can't even get the puck out of his own zone. It's almost like a 4 man unit because they can't pass the puck to Orpik.

Dobber Sports Ace

Dmitri Orlov, Matt Niskanen
    Brooks Orpik, John Carlson
    Christian Djoos, Aaron Ness (<--- who is this guy?)

I still like Bowey in for the long run.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, I think this might be good news for both Djoos and Bowey.

Isabelle Khurshudyan‏ @ikhurshudyan
    The Caps have recalled Madison Bowey. Niskanen on LTIR with upper-body injury.
    Niskanen will miss at least 10 games and 24 days now that he's on LTIR.

Dobber Sports Wizard

With Niskanen out, looks like these are the new 'D' pairs for Washington:
    Oprik-Carlson
    Orlov-Ness
    Djoos-Bowey

I don't understand what the Caps see in Ness. He's looked terrible in the games I've watched and his average TOI so far this season is just 11:18. I think (and hope) they soon realize Ness is worthless and give more minutes to Djoos and Bowey instead. But I'm wondering how that affects Orlov.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Caps are finally benching Ness! It took them long enough. The 'D' pairs were very weird at morning skate, we'll see what happens with them. LWL has them listed as:
    Orpik-Bowey
    Djoos-Carlson
    Orlov-Chorney

This might be good news for both Djoos and Bowey but not so much for Orlov. But then again, Orlov is their 2nd best D-man, so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Gosh, those ARE some strange pairings... though I suppose the stay-at-home Orpik is the best case to ensure Bowey's rookie mistakes are covered.
    Djoos-Carlson has some potential there.

As for the OP, I prefer Djoos in most fantasy formats going forward.

Dobber Sports Icon

The d pairings for the Caps were all over the map. It looked like they just always made sure to have at least one of Orpik, Carlson or Orlov on the ice at all times.