Thread: Which Russian depth F??? -REP-

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Which Russian depth F??? -REP-

Another comparison thread for deep leaguers. League in sig.

Who do you like more going forward? Namestnikov or Sobotka?

Time sensitive. REP for your well-formulated opinion.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Which Russian depth F??? -REP-

I'm going to say Sobotka -

He's probably your drop/swap/cycle player on that team, and with the Blues dealing with so many injuries at the start of the year, I'd roll with him until the Blues' health improves and/or he cools off, then I'd replace him with whatever Shiny New Thing shows up on your league's waiver wire.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    I'm going to say Sobotka -

He's probably your drop/swap/cycle player on that team, and with the Blues dealing with so many injuries at the start of the year, I'd roll with him until the Blues' health improves and/or he cools off, then I'd replace him with whatever Shiny New Thing shows up on your league's waiver wire.
    Yes I drafted Sobotka late because I couldnt see a situation where he doesnt slot into the top 6 with all the injuries. However, not that excited about him in general. And if Vlady sticks on that top line, I could have the entire L1 for TBL which would not be a bad thing. I fell like all things considered the upside of Namestnikov might outweigh the safer pick in Sobotka. This is, as you pointed out, my cycle spot for my roster.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd stick with sabotka for now but I don't love either. Reason is namestnikov will center the 3rd line where sabotka should stay in the top 6 and st louis is currently dealing withore inquiries. Both play on pp2. If somehow namestnikov gets bumped up to play with Kucherov or Stamkos id be prepared to drop sabotka like a wet shirt.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd be surprised to see Namestnikov play with Kucherov and Stamkos, considering how great Point has looked in that spot.

The issue with Tampa is that after the standout players, it's a bit of a mixed bag, and you can make a solid case for half the team getting a shot at a scoring line, what with Namestnikov, Killorn, Point, Gourde, Callahan, Kunitz, and even Palat being in the "Middle Six Mix" each capable of playing up or down the lineup. Any of those guys (except Callahan) wouldn't look too out of place on a Stamkos/Kucherov line, which is exactly the problem.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Sage

Man, I am so glad I ignored you all and went with Namaste. He's my 4th highest scoring player on a very stacked team. REP for you anyway.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Its always interesting to go back and see old advice
    12 Team H2H 5 Keepers (1 1998 born or earlier)
    (G,A, FOW, PIM ,PPP, SOG, HIT,BLK,W, GAA, SV%)
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 Util

C Norris, Ek, Zegaras (LW), Lindholm (RW)

LW DeBrincat (RW), Robertson, Marchessault (C), Miller (C)

RW Svechnikov, Point (C), Garland (LW)

D Hedman,Chabot, DeAngelo, Karlsson, Letang
    G Markstrom, Sorokin
    IR
    Eichel

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Man, I am so glad I ignored you all and went with Namaste. He's my 4th highest scoring player on a very stacked team. REP for you anyway.
    yup so am I... Sobotka is a solid 40pt forward. He's got a career to prove it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Man was I wrong here. Did not see namestnikov on that top line. Poor Palat...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):