Thread: Final MLB Help of the year!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Final MLB Help of the year!!

Alright boys this is it.....up 5-4 going into the weekend and I need to beat him in W and Ks. We're also tied in SB and very close in BB and Avg...but I feel those are less predictable. Also hoping my boy Billy goes on a 4 SB tear this weekend.

This will likely be the last forum MLB question of the year. Help me win this!

Wins are 2-2
    Ks are 41-45 him

My starters (I have 3 moves left)

Weaver vs Mil
    Archer vs Balt
    Carlos M vs Mil

His starters (he has 4 moves left)

Pomeranz vs Hou
    Ray @ KC
    Sale vs Hou

Going into week I had Berrios, Godley and Corbin supposed to pitch this weekend....now he has a clear advantage...unless Ray and Sale are just short outings.

Here are some available SP.

Saturday

McCullers @ Bos
    Lugo @ Phi
    Tallion @ Wash
    Sims @ Miami
    Marquez vs LAD

Anyone else would be pure luck and a few games don't have starters yet.

Sunday

Paxton @ LAA
    Tomlin vs CWS

I owned McCullers and Paxton all year so soft spot there....but recent struggles scare me. Tempted to just pick up Lance, Paxton, Tomlin and see what happens.....but then want to leave myself with some moves for tomorrow in case I need a random SB and Billy isn't playing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Final MLB Help of the year!!

Lance, Paxton and Tomlin were my thoughts too. And if you grab Sunday now, then he can't. It also means that if you take the two pitching cats, then the batting ones mean less. Plus as you say, they're more variable anyways. I would make the three moves now, make my bed and lie in it. That way you can't overthink it too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Lance, Paxton and Tomlin were my thoughts too. And if you grab Sunday now, then he can't. It also means that if you take the two pitching cats, then the batting ones mean less. Plus as you say, they're more variable anyways. I would make the three moves now, make my bed and lie in it. That way you can't overthink it too.
    Only fear in that is because he has more moves....he could easily just pick up 4 SP and outdo me. Especially considering McCullers and Paxton haven't been going deep.....although I guess he has Ray and Sale tomorrow and I don't expect them to go deep either. Ahhhhhhhh hate last week

Dobber Sports Titan

This is exactly why I would just make my moves and be done. Let him try and outthink you and beat himself.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think I will go with your advice....but for now....saw he grabbed Jaime vs the Jays...so grabbed McCullers.

Dobber Sports Immortal

See ...even this I hate.

Opponent picked up Garcia.....announced at 11 he was out for the Yankees and CC in. Great for me.....crappy for logical fantasy league decisions.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Kinda glad I didn't make both moves.....we're tied 5-5 now and I have Ks locked down.

My Martinez is no longer starting today
    His Sale is no longer starting today
    He has Ray going but supposedly won't be a long start.

Otherwise....

Doubles are 8-8
    SB down 2-4 because I hate Hamilton
    Walks are 21-21
    Wins are 3-3
    Saves down 4-5

Big day ahead