Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keep 3 - Seguin, Kucherov, Matthews, Tarasenko, Schiefle, Eichel???

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Keep 3 - Seguin, Kucherov, Matthews, Tarasenko, Schiefle, Eichel???

Really hard to pick a wrong one here and hard to really know who to cut free.

For me, I'd probably keep Seguin, Eichel and Tarasenko but man, so hard to choose.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd go Seguin, Matthews, Kuch. It's difficult to replace RW's and Seguin is C/RW position eligibility. If Seguin is listed as a C only, i'd then go with Scheiffle.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Kucherov, Matthews, Eichel for me.
    Salary Cap League with contracts. (give 2 x 4 years, 1 x 3 years and 1 x 2 years after every draft. we can protect 2 players without contracts at the end of each year to give them one of the contracts)
    Same cap hit as NHL (75 M)
    Real Salaries (not cap hit)
    Player has a maximum contract length of 4 years.
    Roster size 23, max 16 F, 9 D, 3 G
    Count top 12 F, 6 D, 1 G
    F : G 2 pts, A 1 pt, +/- 1 pt
    D : G 1 pt, A 2 pts, +/- 1pt
    G : W 2 pts, SO 5 pts
    My Team :
    F : 4 years left : Rantanen
    F : 3 years left : Eichel, Draisaitl
    F : 2 years left : Pavelski, k. Hayes, Drouin, Zacha
    F : 1 year left : Lee, Vesey
    D : 4 years left : Leddy
    D : 1 year left : Karlsson, Matheson
    G :

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    I'd go Seguin, Matthews, Kuch. It's difficult to replace RW's and Seguin is C/RW position eligibility. If Seguin is listed as a C only, i'd then go with Scheiffle.
    Forward position doesn't appear to matter in the ops league. Would that change your answer?

I agree there really isn't a wrong choice here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Forward position doesn't appear to matter in the ops league. Would that change your answer?

I agree there really isn't a wrong choice here.
    It would... Scheiffle. Him and Laine are going to tear up the league this year.

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's a tough choice.

I would go Kucherov, Eichel, Matthews, with Tarasenko and Seguin a close second group.

Those touting Schiefele need to remember that top line in Winnipeg greatly overperformed last year.
    His S% was 20% (historically 14%) - that's 10 less goals on his 160 shots.
    His ON ICE S% was 13% (historically 10%, which is still high) - that's likely 10 less assists.
    Mind you he could stand to gain about 10 PPP (15 up to 25).
    All in all, I am fairly confident you need to treat him as a 70 point player, which I think takes him out of top group available here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow that's tough. How much risk are you willing to tolerate? Id go Matthews Eichel and Scheif (I cant see Seguin and Kucherov outscoring anyone in that trio enough to not go with those sky-high ceilings) Tank is easily the odd man out in my opinion, and that's coming from a Tank owner.
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jbsleepers View Post
    Desperately need some help picking my 3 keepers, and would appreciate some feedback.

I feel like Kucherov and Matthews are locks, but nothing is set in stone. Having a hell of a time choosing between Seguin, Schiefle, Tarasenko and Eichel for my last spot. I don't currently own Eichel but know I could get him via trading a GM with weaker keepers, one or two of my non-keepers.

Thoughts on each guy i'm considering for my last spot...

Eichel - awesome young talent who lit it up last season after returning from injury, but plays for a weak team.

Tarasenko - pretty much a lock for 70+ points, but worried that scoring will be spread out on St. Louis.

Schiefle - Winnipeg's top line is insanely good. Does he repeat last year's numbers?

Seguin - down year last year super consistent overall. With Radulov possibly joining him and Benn on the top line, could be a top 5 producer. If he doesn't click with Radulov then could be another down year? Plus there's the Hitchcock factor.

What say you Dobber nation?

Thanks for your help!!!
    Question 1: How did you acquire all of these guys in a keep-3. Question 2: How many points did you win the league by last year???

For absolute maximum point production this season I'd take Kucherov, Eichel and Tank.

Given the medium to longterm upside, hype and trade ability I'd take Kucherov, Eichel and Matthews.

Anyway you can throw like 3 of these guys at the McDavid owner?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR