Thread: Rate my draft!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Rate my draft!

My 10 team keep-5 league held its draft last night and I feel like I came out of it pretty well with a good balance of gritty stuff and decent scoring floors. I picked #7 overall. How did I do? Scoring and settings in sig. I kept Seguin, Kuch, Pasta, Letang and Talbot from last season.

(7) Bishop (Was set on a G here; Jones, Andersen and Rask went #2, #3 and #4 respectively and I fancied a change from Quick)
    (14) Doughty (Really wanted Hamilton back but he went #12. Subban and Werenski went #5 and #8 respectively)
    (27) Ehlers (Hoffman, Hall and Arvidsson had all gone by this point, so I felt Ehlers was a nice consolation prize)
    (34) Guentzel
    (47) Trouba (Bit of a D run in round 5: Gio, Krug and Pietrangelo went before my pick, Faulk and Klefbom with the next two picks after mine)
    (54) Lehner (Fewest schedule conflicts with EDM and DAL out of any remaining starters, so didn't want to let him slide too far. Volume is key!)
    (67) Lee
    (74) Palmieri
    (87) Kadri
    (94) Kreider
    (107) E. Lindholm (Was hoping for Toffoli but he went #99, so Lindholm's my sleeper. Also hoped Landeskog would drop after his woeful season last year, but he went #66)
    (114) Gardiner

For context, here are the draft picks and keepers of the teams picking #6, #9 and #10 overall.

(6) Kessel
    (15) Kuznetsov
    (26) Keith
    (35) Atkinson
    (46) Toews
    (55) Suter
    (66) Landeskog
    (75) Granlund (MIN)
    (86) Eberle
    (95) Marchessault
    (106) Yandle
    (115) Wennberg
    Kept RyJo, Ovi, OEL, Bob and Rinne

(9) Hoffman
    (12) Hamilton
    (29) Barkov
    (32) Skinner
    (49) Klefbom
    (52) Palat
    (69) E. Kane
    (72) Sheary
    (89) Fowler
    (92) Silfverberg
    (109) Zetterberg
    (112) Okposo
    Kept Pavelski, Giroux, Burns, M. Murray and Vasilevskiy

(10) W. Nylander
    (11) Radulov
    (31) JVR
    (50) Lucic
    (51) C. Anderson
    (61) Ekblad
    (70) Carlson
    (71) Seabrook
    (90) Zuccarello
    (91) Duchene
    (110) JT Miller
    (111) Niskanen
    Kept Crosby, Malkin, Matthews, Gaudreau and Crawford
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, IR, IR+
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

C: Seguin ​(RW), Nuge, Riley Nash (RW), Trocheck
    LW: Ehlers, Lee, Guentzel (C), Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Palmieri,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Vatanen, Ellis,
    G: Talbot​, Bishop, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rate my draft!

I would have gone with either Faulk or Klefbom over Trouba, but that's the only fault I can find.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

Tough to say, but I think I like the Kessel and Nylander teams a smidge more than yours.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would have gone with either Faulk or Klefbom over Trouba, but that's the only fault I can find.
    I was torn between Trouba and Klefbom at that pick. Klefbom's GM had Trouba last year and is quite high on him - he'd have taken Trouba there if available and Klef was gone - so depending how their respective seasons start off I may see if I can bait him into a swap. Thanks for the assessment!
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Tough to say, but I think I like the Kessel and Nylander teams a smidge more than yours.
    No problem with that assessment! Nylander's GM won the championship last season, and his stars definitely aligned in this draft for his D-corps.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Klefbom for sure. Faulk is a liability on +\-.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall