Thread: I think I did good this year. [Draft Rank] - Will Rep

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default I think I did good this year. [Draft Rank] - Will Rep

10 team H2H Pts - Started with 5 keepers, and the 3rd out of 10 draft position.

Teams are 2C , 2LW , 2RW , 4D , 2G , 5 Bench, 2 IR(1 is +) :: My Keepers : 1C:Eichel , 1LW:Forsberg , 2RW:Tarasenko/Simmonds , 1G:Price

Skater Cats: G:5 , A:3 , PPP:1 , SHP:2 , SOG:0.4 , BLK:0.5 , HIT:0.3 , FOW:0.1 , FOL:-0.065
    Goalie Cats: W:6 , L:-1 , GA:-1.25 , SV:0.25 , SO:4

(53)Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW) (Pavelski was avail, but I went for the team need and younger guy. Was my target pre draft.) (2 Picks prior were Backstrom/Pastrnak)

(63)Corey Crawford (Chi - G) (Was considering Allen/Vasilevsky/Gibson/Bishop here, however they ALL got eaten up right before. TBH I was happy with Crow)

(73)Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Ari - D) (Really wanted Risto here, but he got snagged up. OEL was not a bad replacement though)

(83)Patrice Bergeron (Bos - C) (This late was basically a no brainer)

(93)John Carlson (Was - D) (I'm predicting a good season from Carlson, I think he should get lots of points with all the other D that got moved outta town)

(103)Jeff Skinner (Car - LW) (2 Good seasons in a row, I had Skinner on my predraft as sort of a sleeper pick. I scrambled a bit on this one, but I think I like it)

(113)Jacob Trouba (Wpg - D) (Basically hoping this proves to be my big steal, numbers very similar to Risto in this type of league, could be good value)

(123)Matt Duchene (Col - C,RW) (Bounce back? Dual postion, potential trade? Idk)

(133)Patric Hornqvist (Pit - RW) (Scrambled here, again a guy I had on my piece of paper, was slipping down the draft a bit.)

(143)Tyson Barrie (Col - D) (Needed the 4th D, was looking at Martinez, Boychuk, E.Johnson, Vlasic, Leddy, Chabot. Went with the bounce back candidate)

(153)Ryan Kesler (Anh - C) (Slipping and sliding all the way down. Grabbed Kesler knowing hes injured to throw on the IR, and grab one of the Dmen above^)

(163)Semyon Varlamov (Col - G)
    (Goalies went hot and heavy early. I was hoping to grab Andersen/Darling in a mid round, but no dice. Colorado in abundance.)

Final Roster:

C: Eichel / C: Bergeron /// LW: Forsberg / LW: Paccioretty /// RW: Tarasenko / RW: Simmonds

D: OEL / D: Carlson / D: Trouba / D: Barrie

G: Price / G: Crawford

Bench: Duchene, Skinner, Hornqvist , Varlamov, 1 Open spot. (Chabot or Martinez) /// IR: Kesler.

I think it looks solid, I'm happy. I might delusional? There was only a couple times my 'target' got snagged away from me. I created a plan, and I executed it. The only question that remains is: Was my plan any good?
    Last edited by speersy; September 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM. Reason: :Duchene
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

The Great One

Default Re: I think I did good this year. [Draft Rank] - Will Rep

It would help to see what others teams drafted, as my first instinct is you took some guys too early. But as a whole the team seems like it should be capable of contending. You have a decent mix of stable guys and some with upside risk. I like it overall. Probably no worse than 4th, and a more than realistic chance at a top three spot.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, you've got me curious. I'll post the 3 teams who had the picks after mine. To at least give you an idea of what was available for each of my picks. The teams with the 4th, and 6th are definitely top 4.

Stamkos, Quick, Panarin, Murray, Holtby

(54)Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,RW)
    (64)Zach Werenski (Cls - D)
    (74)Dougie Hamilton (Cgy - D)
    (84)James van Riemsdyk (Tor - LW)
    (94)Jonathan Toews (Chi - C)
    (104)Corey Perry (Anh - RW)
    (114)Seth Jones (Cls - D)
    (124)Brent Seabrook (Chi - D)
    (134)Kyle Turris (Ott - C)
    (144)Alex Galchenyuk (Mon - C,LW)
    (154)Jake Muzzin (LA - D)
    (164)Kyle Palmieri (NJ - RW)

Seguin, Drai, Karlsson, Hedman, Josi

(55)William Nylander (Tor - C,RW)
    (65)Frederik Andersen (Tor - G)
    (75)Claude Giroux (Phi - C)
    (85)Nikolaj Ehlers (Wpg - LW)
    (95)Craig Anderson (Ott - G)
    (105)Torey Krug (Bos - D)
    (115)Milan Lucic (Edm - LW)
    (125)Scott Darling (Car - G)
    (135)Ryan Strome (Edm - C,RW)
    (145)Morgan Rielly (Tor - D)
    (155)Patrick Marleau (Tor - C,LW)
    (165)Joshua Ho-Sang (NYI - RW)

Marchand, Marner, Barkov, Laine, Tavares

(56)Jake Allen (StL - G)
    (66)Rasmus Ristolainen (Buf - D)
    (76)Mike Hoffman (Ott - LW,RW)
    (86)Brayden Schenn (StL - C,LW)
    (96)Oscar Klefbom (Edm - D)
    (106)Sebastian Aho (Car - LW,RW)
    (116)Cory Schneider (NJ - G)
    (126)Jake Gardiner (Tor - D)
    (136)Mikko Rantanen (Col - LW,RW)
    (146)Jason Spezza (Dal - C,RW)
    (156)Matt Dumba (Min - D)
    (166)Travis Hamonic (Cgy - D)

Looking through the teams in the league theres definitely other good teams, but I'm feeling good.. I really crunched numbers on my league settings, and I think I've got some quality players. Maybe I'm too high on my own guys.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

The Great One

Geez - guy with Holtby and Murray should've run away with this thing, but his draft was just meh. Second team looks like he's on a par with you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/