Thread: Keeping Deangelo/Matheson or go for young Montour/Mcavoy/Chabot ?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Keeping Deangelo/Matheson or go for young Montour/Mcavoy/Chabot ?

My league is point only with a salary cap. I don't know if I should stay with my sophomores kids (Deangelo, Matheson) or if I should drop them for a chance to pick one of Montour, Mcavoy or Chabot.

Thanks for your help

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Keeping Deangelo/Matheson or go for young Montour/Mcavoy/Chabot ?

go for the kids, i prefer any of those kids to both Denagleo and Matheson

Mcavoy, Montour , Chabot would be how i rank them...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I agree with Belexus. McAvoy excites me more than either DeAngelo and Matheson. I think I'm taking Chabot over Montour. Really like how he may slot into that Sens blue line where really only Karlsson matters from an offensive standpoint. Montour could get a little more lost in Anaheim where the offence is spread around more.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Matheson is great but burried. Montour and mcavoy would get more pp time, but I think less ice time over all.
    They are also hotter commodities, matheson and deangelo you could easily pick up again.
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd go younger and try one of those 3 youngsters.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Aren't they all really young?

Chabot, McAvoy, Montour is the order for me. I like McAvoy's situation with Krug hurt again.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I prefer McAvoy - as he is the only guy among the D listed that I could see emerging to run PP1.
    I like Krug, but I think McAvoy (RH) could either join Krug (LH) atop a PP1 or even supplant him.

I don't see a good shot at PP1 time for anybody else listed.
    PP1 is important in point-heavy leagues for D... as many of the league's top D get 30%-40% off their PP.

Dobber Sports Novice

I just wanted to thank you for your answers. Highly appreciated.