Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eichel Vs. Matthews

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Eichel Vs. Matthews

Eichel > Matthews

Matthews has a better two-way game and will be leaned on more to play a two-way game as he gets more experience while Eichel is pure offense and will just continue to be unleashed on offense

there is a reason why analysts were saying if Matthews was in the McDavid/Eichel draft he'd go #3
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by DudeImJason View Post
    Eichel > Matthews

Matthews has a better two-way game and will be leaned on more to play a two-way game as he gets more experience while Eichel is pure offense and will just continue to be unleashed on offense

there is a reason why analysts were saying if Matthews was in the McDavid/Eichel draft he'd go #3
    This cracks me up. As Blayze most recently said (and me earlier ... plus a few others)... better 2 way game or not, AM34 has proven to be better then Eichel offensively (while being a responsible 2 way player). Imagine if AM34 had a more 1 dimensional game like this poster suggests Eichel has?

Again.. This is not to trash or under estimate Eichel. But it's a difficult compare. Eichel is going into his 3rd year. Matthews his 2nd. Matthews DESTROYED Eichel's offensive stats when comparing their Rookie years. Then Eichel improved drastically in his 2nd year...granted injury plagued and not a full season.

All comes down to what Matthews does with his sophomore season.

This compare is very much like a shoot out. Eichel had honours and went first. AM34 showed up and flat out won the first round.
    Eichel amped up the competition in an injury shortened 2nd season... now let's see what AM34 does.

I just find is funny how so many people question the offensive potential of Matthews when he already PROVED his offence is not just potential in his rookie season. 40 plus goals... who does that? Certainly not Eichel... yet... but maybe 3 times a charm to do what Matthews did in one.

(and yes... I'm a huge Matthews fan so I accept the Homer comments... but facts still speak for themselves).

Love the fact these two can face off against each other season after season for the next decade or so!

Dobber Sports Stud

^^^ Homer

i would not entertain any offer for my JE15.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    ^^^ Homer

Of course you wouldn't my friend. You're quite satisfied in constant rebuild. We know that.

The Great One

This thread shouldn't be about Matthews or Eichel. They are both studs.

What tips the scale is their linemates, IMO.

I'll take Marner/Nylander/JVR/Marleau/Brown over Reinhart/Okposo/Pominville/Kane/Moulson

Dobber Sports Ninja

^^^ Homer

So you wouldn't entertain McDavid for your JE15 huh? I wonder who's the homer...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    This thread shouldn't be about Matthews or Eichel. They are both studs.

What tips the scale is their linemates, IMO.

I'll take Marner/Nylander/JVR/Marleau/Brown over Reinhart/Okposo/Pominville/Kane/Moulson
    The true studs makes those around them better, not the other way around. The fact that Eichel can do what he does with the lesser quality teammates is what makes him the better option in my opinion but I do agree with you when you say both of them are studs and to be honest, it's more of a personal preference considering how close they probably are.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    So you wouldn't entertain McDavid for your JE15 huh? I wonder who's the homer...
    Relax killer.. that was an inside joke with Havanablast. We swapped Matthews for Eichel in the WHL.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Relax killer.. that was an inside joke with Havanablast. We swapped Matthews for Eichel in the WHL.
    Still holding strong on Eichel. I guess we do start 3 Centres and you got your 3rd line Centre in him officially!

I guess it doesn’t hurt that McDavid is your 1st. No wonder your challenging this year!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I wouldn't trade Matthews for Eichel
    I totally agree with this !!
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Ace

"Drama Queen" Eichs or "doing it right like a Vet" Mathews

Give me Mathews any day of the week. You got drafted high for a reason YOUR team SUCKS! so why is Eich crying about losing!?!
    He should just play his game and shoot more. Might actually help his team more then ragging on them to the media.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm a huge Eichel fan and I think Eichel is a top 5 scorer for years to come, but this isn't even a debate anymore. All the ppl voting Eichel must just have thought Matthews was over hyped as a Leaf; because as good as Eichel looked coming back last year, Matthews is just a better player period on a much better team....and he proved it in the playoffs....it ain't close and like I said I think Eichel is a top 5 (top 10 at worst scorer) for next 10 years.....

Fantasy wise (and I guess real life) Eichel to me is a Seguin whereas Matthews is like a Crosby (McDavid is his own animal)

Dobber Sports Giant

id take Matthews in a heart beat. he's proven more already.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Kabonov View Post
    "Drama Queen" Eichs or "doing it right like a Vet" Mathews

Give me Mathews any day of the week. You got drafted high for a reason YOUR team SUCKS! so why is Eich crying about losing!?!
    He should just play his game and shoot more. Might actually help his team more then ragging on them to the media.
    Well said. Matthews easily until Eichel learns how to be a pro.

+1

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    I'm a huge Eichel fan and I think Eichel is a top 5 scorer for years to come, but this isn't even a debate anymore. All the ppl voting Eichel must just have thought Matthews was over hyped as a Leaf; because as good as Eichel looked coming back last year, Matthews is just a better player period on a much better team....and he proved it in the playoffs....it ain't close and like I said I think Eichel is a top 5 (top 10 at worst scorer) for next 10 years.....

Fantasy wise (and I guess real life) Eichel to me is a Seguin whereas Matthews is like a Crosby (McDavid is his own animal)
    I don't disagree in real life. Matthews is the clear choice right now. Fantasy wise long term Matthews is also making it closer than I thought he would and it's hard to argue that Matthews isnt the right choice right now.

For clarity I like Eichel long term fantasy value more than Matthews. Again in real life hockey I'm drafting Matthews first from what we've seen so far. Fantasy wise I'll take Eichel until it's more clear.

The Seguin comparison is great for Eichel except I'm not ready to put Matthews with Crosby. I'd say Seguin vs toews (at his most productive time) is where I'm at with them right now.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):