Thread: Anders Bjork or Logan Brown?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Anders Bjork or Logan Brown?

For the league in my signature.

I was offered Brown for my Bjork, 1 for 1.

From what I understand, both have similar upsides although Brown is more sure to reach it, except has a longer wait time... Am I right in my assessment? Would you do this trade?

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Anders Bjork or Logan Brown?

Brown has looked really good with the Sens so far. I don't trust him yet though.He seems to be injury prone. I think it is a fair offer but I would have to decline

Dobber Sports Wizard

Brown is almost certainly going back to junior while Bjork has a real chance to play a full season in the NHL, so I would keep Bjork and see what happens with him.

Dobber Sports Sage

I would take the chance on the higher upside of Logan Brown. Bjork looks to be the safe choice. Besides, with your prospects you can afford a swing and miss.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd definitely keep Bjork. Closer to the NHL, I think. He received praise from team mates and coaches and I think he's going to see time in the top 6 as soon as October comes.
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.
    Keep 3, +7$ each year. Keep 5 farm (cost 1$ to dress).[/I]

Points (1), Defense goals (2), Powerplay Points (0.5), GWG (0.5), ShG (0.5)

10 F 4 D 1 G 5 bench 10 farm

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)
    D: Barrie (17$), Fox (1$), Girard (1$), Trouba (2$)
    G: Markstrom (6$)

Bench: Athanasiou, Granlund, Gostisbehere, Matheson, Garland

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys, repped where I could.

the other GM is now offering me Miro Heiskanen for Bjork, 1 for 1.

I'm sort of tempted to pull the trigger, but just want to double check. I know Heiskanen is going to stay in Finland because of his concussion. Other than that, I'm a bit worried about his offensive upside : With Dallas having Klingberg and Honka already, maybe Heiskanen will wind up as more of a two-way d-man with no PP time, a bit like Rielly in Toronto or, to a lesser extent, Pietrangelo before they traded Shattenkirk. Then again... with the offense that Dallas is building, maybe he'll get his share of points as well?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Heiskanen for Bjork is a nice offer in terms of value. While Bjork will probably have more impact soon, Heiskanen is in my mind a sure-fire NHLer in the future. He may play second violin to Klingberg and find himself behind Honka for PP time, but for the foreseeable future, he still has tons of upside and value. I even think that you could probably get Heiskanen and in a couple of months, trade him for much better than Bjork. There's profit to be made here.

Also depends on what kind of FAs are available to replace Bjork if you need him.

In the end, as much as I like Bjork, I can't see him having "more" value than Heiskanen on the current and especially future trade market. Bjork will be more easily replaced, also.
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.
    Keep 3, +7$ each year. Keep 5 farm (cost 1$ to dress).[/I]

Points (1), Defense goals (2), Powerplay Points (0.5), GWG (0.5), ShG (0.5)

10 F 4 D 1 G 5 bench 10 farm

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)
    D: Barrie (17$), Fox (1$), Girard (1$), Trouba (2$)
    G: Markstrom (6$)

Bench: Athanasiou, Granlund, Gostisbehere, Matheson, Garland

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by quantaloup View Post
    Heiskanen for Bjork is a nice offer in terms of value. While Bjork will probably have more impact soon, Heiskanen is in my mind a sure-fire NHLer in the future. He may play second violin to Klingberg and find himself behind Honka for PP time, but for the foreseeable future, he still has tons of upside and value. I even think that you could probably get Heiskanen and in a couple of months, trade him for much better than Bjork. There's profit to be made here.

Also depends on what kind of FAs are available to replace Bjork if you need him.

In the end, as much as I like Bjork, I can't see him having "more" value than Heiskanen on the current and especially future trade market. Bjork will be more easily replaced, also.
    I believe Heiskanen will end up being the best D-man in Dallas but how his offensive game develops remains to be seen. He has a lot of natural talent for it but he usually chooses to make the safe play which is great in real life but not so good for fantasy hockey purposes.

Dobber Sports Icon

Bjork has been skating with Bergeron and Marchand all pre-season. Those two have been the best 5v5 pairing in the NHL for the last few years. If Bjork spends the season there, he's good for 40+ points this season. If I had him, I would hold him until the season starts and he gets 2 points in the Bruins first game. Then you should be able to trade him for more than Heiskanen or Brown.

Dobber Sports Sage

Heiskanen > Brown > Bjork
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov