Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who to draft at 9th overall??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Who to draft at 9th overall??

Currently waiting for pick 18. My next one is 33 so a bit of a wait to start looking at guys to consider.

1. Laine
    2. Marner
    3. Werenski
    4. Tkachuk
    5. Hischier
    6. Keller
    7. Patrick
    8. McAvoy
    9. Strome - Me
    10. Meier
    11. Puljujarvi - I gambled on him slipping through
    12. Chabot
    13. Barzal
    14. Dubois
    15. Boeser
    16. Guentzel - Me
    17. Saros

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well Sergachev is gone. 3 picks until mine. Lookin at Vilardi, glass, Suzuki, Tippett or Petterson. Could also go with a D from the last draft class or was thinking of hoping on Demko as a homer pick with Parsons and Samsonov already off the board.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Great job getting Guentzel at 16. I would go with Pettersson or Glass. Maybe you can get Shesterkin later. (Man that guy is destroying the KHL)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I actually took Glass a few hours ago! 3 more until my next pick and Suzuki, Tippett, Vilardi, Pettersen, plus Makar and Heiskenen on the board. Leaning towards Makar or go with one of the other forwards??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    Great job getting Guentzel at 16. I would go with Pettersson or Glass. Maybe you can get Shesterkin later. (Man that guy is destroying the KHL)
    SKA is an NHL caliber team playing against AHL/ECHL level competition, so take Shestyorkin's numbers with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNYUPS View Post
    I actually took Glass a few hours ago! 3 more until my next pick and Suzuki, Tippett, Vilardi, Pettersen, plus Makar and Heiskenen on the board. Leaning towards Makar or go with one of the other forwards??
    I wouldn't mind taking Suzuki next, especially when you already have Glass. Those two are probably going to be two of the best players in Vegas for a long time. But Pettersson, Makar and Vilardi are also good options.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

See having Glass makes me want to pass on Suzuki. I'm not a big fan of owning multiple teammates if I can avoid it, especially both that are expected to play the same position.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I went with Makar. No one else seems to be touching 2017 draft class so maybe I can snag another.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by TheNYUPS View Post
    See having Glass makes me want to pass on Suzuki. I'm not a big fan of owning multiple teammates if I can avoid it, especially both that are expected to play the same position.
    true. but then you safeguard yourself and guarantee you have their top line centre. suzuki may end up the top line guy.
    17 teams - Pts only, cap hit league (not using bonuses) - Keep $39.255 million
    [Start 7F, 4D, 2G + 6 reserve]
    6 prospects

F: Draisaitl(8.5), Stamkos(8.5), Kopitar(10), Ehlers(6), Seguin(5.75), Rantanen(0.894), Guentzel(0.734), Anders Bjork(0.925), Niederrieter, Stepan
    D:Byfuglien(7.6), Carlson(?), Muzzin(4), Montour(?), Pulock(?), DeAngelo(0.925)
    G: Holtby(6.1), Jones (?)
    Prospects: PL Dubois, Mittelstadt, Suzuki, Tippett, Tolvanen, Terry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by buggybdrizzy View Post
    true. but then you safeguard yourself and guarantee you have their top line centre. suzuki may end up the top line guy.
    This is a very good point... though he was selected 7 spots before suzuki they\re both excellent prospects. On a brand new franchise it's very possible suzuki could jump glass as top center.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I just missed out on Suzuki but have managed to grab Demko in the 5th and Pettersson in the 6th round of a 12 team league so I'm happy. Time to find a few "now" guys to help this year.

Dobber Sports Giant

Holy smokes, awesome drafting NYUPS!!

Strome
    Guentzel
    Glass
    Makar
    Demko
    Pettersson

That's pretty solid bud'
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Finished out by taking Vesalainen, Brossoit, Haapala, and Schmaltz. Necas was still there with my last pick and was debating him and Schmaltz. Figured I had enough guys from 2017 so I went with a guy that might help me more this year.