Thread: How will Karlsson's injury effect his production this upcoming season?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default How will Karlsson's injury effect his production this upcoming season?

Reading this article from earlier September, how much will it effect his production? You would think he is far from tip top playing shape since he hasn't been able to train like he always did. What are your guys thoughts? Am considering of taking Hedman over Karlsson in my 1 year leagues since we do not have IR.

Dated Sept 7th, 2017.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators-captain-erik-karlsson-rebounds-from-ankle-surgery-with-grace-reminiscent-of-the-late-bryan-murray

By Mike Zeisberger
    NEW YORK ? From the June day that doctors shaved down the bone and inserted an artificial tendon deep inside his reconstructed ankle, Erik Karlsson hasn?t tried to wriggle his foot into a skate boot, let alone step onto the ice.
    He doesn?t know when it will happen. Nor can he predict whether he?ll be ready for the Ottawa Senators? season opener Oct. 5 against the Washington Capitals, although he told Postmedia Wednesday that it?s ?not likely.?
    For the captain of an NHL team that came just one Pittsburgh Penguins double-overtime goal away from reaching the Stanley Cup final this past spring, such uncertainty would seem to be a crushing blow. General manager Pierre Dorion had wishfully predicted at the time of the surgery that a four-month recovery would allow Karlsson to suit up for the 2017-18 curtain raiser.
    Now, all bets seem to be off.
    Yet, even with the road ahead seemingly murky, here was Karlsson at NHL headquarters in midtown Manhattan sporting his usual trademark smile, exchanging greetings with fellow top stars like Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask, all the while accepting whatever hand fate had dealt him.

The Great One

Default Re: How will Karlsson's injury effect his production this upcoming season?

Until Karlsson gives me reason otherwise, I'm banking on him to be the same monster he always was. In this case though, he might take his time to come back, rather than rushing as before.

My totally random guess is 62 games, 55 points.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How will Karlsson's injury effect his production this upcoming season?

It's hard to pin point how many games / pts he will get but at this point I'm going to take the safe route and go with Burns - Hedman then Karlsson

Dobber Sports Monster

just as I write this thread I see Sportsnet posted a youtube video of Karlsson back on the ice ... hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKE2fgKT3A

Dobber Sports Titan

Two weeks later I'm hearing that he looked like his same old self back on the ice, and may be good to go for the season opener.
    I'll put him at 95% for where I see him compared to last year. A slight effect, but not much at all, and still an elite option.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)