Thread: Raanta for Greiss/2018 1st

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Raanta for Greiss/2018 1st

Hey guys,

I have Raanta and have been offered Greiss and a 2018 1st (likely to fall between 10-14) in exchange. As stated in my Sequin thread, looking to rebuild and wouldn't mind adding an extra 1st rounder in the coming draft which is supposed to have some good talent available.

Thoughts?
    14 Team Keeper
    Scoring Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG - W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS Made
    Roster: 3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 4BENCH 3IR 1 LTIR
    $95M Salary Cap

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Raanta for Greiss/2018 1st

If you are rebuilding then this seems like a great trade for you. Would you be able to get Halak to handcuff Greiss? Might be some up and down goaltending from Greiss this year. Raanta isn't a sure thing either - he's not proven and he may not even be with the same team next year. Take the pick and try to get Halak - Halak/Greiss should be around the same quality as Raanta this year, just costs another roster spot.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I'm a big believer in Raanta, but even I'll admit this is a very tempting offer
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

I don't know what the exact odds would be but I don't think Raanta is so much of a slam dunk that I would rather take him over Greiss (who also has serious upside) and a 1st rounder. This doubles or triples if this is in the cap league in your sig where there's huge value in having young talent on cheap contracts.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

to me that depends how good the team is you making trade with?

i dont know what Raanta will be but i know Greiss wont be much. so unless you get a chance at lottery pick with that 2018, i would personally keep Raanta. you said you are rebuilding, Raanta at 28 will probably still be ok when you ready to make the move...Greiss is 3 years older...